By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone honestly planning on buying the Neo or Scorpio? [POLL]

What do you plan to get?

Neo 124 38.39%

Scorpio 41 12.69%

Both 12 3.72%

None 146 45.20%

Total:323

100% getting a Neo, my old ps4 can go upstairs to my bedroom and the neo takes its place in the main living room :)

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
Nem said:

I love good FPS in game, but i refuse to support something i believe will undermine and ultimatly lead to the demise of consoles.

Why should i buy these ones, when a new ones can come in 2 years? No. They should work on the systems they have and maximise them while making new games. This is the time for software, not hardware.

These 4k things should be saved for next gen, when 4k TV are more affordable. VR is a fad and i'm enraged at it beeing another excuse for these systems.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

In fact, I'll go one step further: all the rumors and realities of Neo, Scorpio, and VR have dampened my interest in the Xbox and PlayStation ecosystems in general.

Mystro-Sama said:

Maybe i'm just a cheap bastard but I just don't see the point. If its to make VR look better then thats pretty much irrelevant to me since I don't care about that and if its for regular 4k I think I can do without that too. Its funny how people were making fun of the One S saying that the Scorpio makes it essentially obsolete but I think its more appealing, to me at least. Anyone here plan on getting either a Scorpio or Neo?

Games in general will look and run better.

Seeing as I don't have my own PS4/X1 at the moment I will likely get the premium version of whatever console I pick. If I already had one, it would depend on how much expendable income I had.

If this is part of the plan to make console more "iPod" like. Then I plan on skipping updates, depending on how far back they are going to support, since getting a new update each time is a major waste of money. The only time I buy updates now is if I need to. For example with the 3DS it was off of warranty and the pad fell apart so I bought the New 3DS, but normally I do what I have done with my iPod, it still functions and is supported, abeit only by the software no more OS updates, so I still have the orginal iPod touch and have no plans on replacing until it dies.

Honestly, PS4 and Xbox One already felt like mid-gen revisions of PS3 and 360 to me.

Around the Network

Will definitely be getting Neo, will pick up Scorpio if it has a Standard Windows 10 Desktop Mode but I HIGHLY doubt it will.

I have a gaming PC, so I'll get the Neo at some point down the road to catch up on the exclusives, but only when it's dirt cheap and near its end.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Need for info on Neo. Zero interest in an xb1 console. I'd rather save money for a pc.

I usually like to know what i am buying first, so no.  We do not know anything concrete about either one. 

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Mystro-Sama said:
d21lewis said:
I don't know. I have two Ones and two Kinects and I'm content. Then again, sometimes I get the itch and just buy hardware. Right now, I don't want one.

Why do you have two kinects? lol

Because it's awesome! I got the second One without Kinect and it just didn't feel complete. I had to get it.

Voice commands with a headset now but nothing is better than walking in, saying "hey, Cortana" and getting a reply. It just feels natural. If i use a headset, I may as well use the controller. Plus my living room is bigger than my game room so Kinect games work better!