By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone honestly planning on buying the Neo or Scorpio? [POLL]

What do you plan to get?

Neo 124 38.39%

Scorpio 41 12.69%

Both 12 3.72%

None 146 45.20%

Total:323

Neo? Need more info. Like what tangible benefits - specific examples - it would have for someone without a 4k TV.

XB1S? Why.

Scorpio? At this point I'd sooner just get a gaming PC.

Around the Network

Depends on price and how comparible to the base PS4 is.

Normchacho said:
I'm keeping my eye on them, but I have no solid plans as of right now.

This.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Yes the neo.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

No way. Im very happy with my PS4. More power means nothing to me.

Around the Network

I was planning on getting a second PS4 anyways, so I'll be getting the Neo. I might get a Scorpio, but Ill most likely invest in a new graphics card instead.

Nope.
I'm not even planning to get a vanilla PS4 or Xbox One.

EDIT: You should add a poll.

I'll probably get both.. not at launch though. I might get one at launch. I always like having the newest shiny tech. It's not like they break the bank so no reason for hardcore gamers not to get them if they have the income.

Lafiel said:

depends on how much of a difference there is between games running on the regular PS4 and on the Neo

not interested in the Scorpio, I'll use a PC

Me too, i don't see the graphical difference will be huge  the first year, whatever Neo comes out, but when those systems selling a lot they abandon the curent consoles and then we start to see what Ps4 Neo can do

SvennoJ said:
Intrinsic said:
*raises hand in fear*

I'm all for it. Right now I'm using a 1080p projector on a 100+" screen. Ive had it for about 2yrs i think. By the end of this year i plan on upgrading to a 4k projector and go a lil bigger on my screen. I would wait till jext year to do that if the neo is coming then.

Not doing this for the Neo, but im beginning to be surrounded by more and more 4K content. So next years as good a time as any to upgrade. Lifes too short.

Did you have any projector in mind? I can't find any affordable native 4K projector anywhere :/
I want to upgrade, but not spend 10k or more on it.

Thats primarily why im waiting till the end of this year. Or maybe end of next year if needed. Optoma or BenQ has to release a sub $1500 projecyor soon. I think last year or so it was rumoured that Texas instruments had designed a 4k dmd chip. 

Not a chance I'm speending 10k for 4k, i think we can get sub $4000 4k projectors from panasonic though, so there is always that.