By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why price ReCore at $40?

I guess that will assure them less bad review. Cause reviewers will review the game as a $40 game. And with good review they will have better legs, which in the long run should bring them more money. Cause a lot of "maybe getting ReCore" people, after seeing the $40 price will be "definitely getting ReCore" people

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:

I guess it has to do with the success of quantum break

It has to do with elections at the end of the year.

midrange said:
ohmylanta1003 said:
40 dollars for 10 hours of gameplay...great value. 40 dollars for a multiplayer game that can be played for hundreds of hours and comes with free DLC...overpriced cash grab.

The overwatch hate on this site was absurd. I was labeled crazy for thinking it could compete with cod (already 10 million in 2 weeks, still has the summer as a head start). I was told that I was supporting bad business practices by buying a $40 cash grab with no story.

It wasn't until I saw this thread (where people congratulate a $40 price tag for a 10 hour story), that I confirmed this site has a huge bias towards single player games.

not hating on recore, just had to point out the hypocrisy

When it comes to single player games they tend to have more development effort thrown in even though you might get less game time on an hourly basis, as there is more than just a dozen maps and some characters being focused on.
You need significantly more voice acting, motion capture, scripting, art, sound bytes, story writers, and then build large set-pieces, cinematics etc'.
And development budgets will typically be higher too.

I still believe Overwatch was overpriced for what you got, it was $100 AUD. - Ignoring the hours of replay value some managed to gain from it.
Free content? I am a PC gamer, it's something I come to expect, whether a developer/publisher gives it to me or not, so not a selling point I'm afraid.

Re-Core will be $50 AUD, which is half the price of Overwatch here, to me that's a bloody bargain and there will be more of a "game".

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

riecsou said:
I guess that will assure them less bad review. Cause reviewers will review the game as a $40 game. And with good review they will have better legs, which in the long run should bring them more money. Cause a lot of "maybe getting ReCore" people, after seeing the $40 price will be "definitely getting ReCore" people

How good of advertising is that? By the way, you just described State of Decay 1.

$20 game, built a huge following and now in E3 2016 with a bigger budget they're reaping on their success.

Pemalite said:
midrange said:

The overwatch hate on this site was absurd. I was labeled crazy for thinking it could compete with cod (already 10 million in 2 weeks, still has the summer as a head start). I was told that I was supporting bad business practices by buying a $40 cash grab with no story.

It wasn't until I saw this thread (where people congratulate a $40 price tag for a 10 hour story), that I confirmed this site has a huge bias towards single player games.

When it comes to single player games they tend to have more development effort thrown in even though you might get less game time on an hourly basis, as there is more than just a dozen maps and some characters being focused on.
You need significantly more voice acting, motion capture, scripting, art, sound bytes, story writers, and then build large set-pieces, cinematics etc'.

I still believe Overwatch was overpriced for what you got, it was $100 AUD. - Ignoring the hours of replay value some managed to gain from it.
Free content? I am a PC gamer, it's something I come to expect, whether a developer/publisher gives it to me or not, so not a selling point I'm afraid.

Re-Core will be $50 AUD, which is half the price of Overwatch here, to me that's a bloody bargain and there will be more of a "game".

Yeah. I'm not sure I really believe much of what you said, including the fact that Recore will be $50 AUD. If Overwatch and Recore are priced the same, why would Overwatch be twice as much where you live? I also think the budget and man hours spent making Overwatch was probably much larger than the budget and man hours spent making Recore. I'd be willing to bet on it.

All in all, you're just someone who either A.) never bought Overwatch, but says he did so he can talk shit about it or B.) really regrets buying Overwatch, so he talks shit about it. I don't know what being a PC gamer has to do with anything, but I do know that Overwatch was $20 less for PC gamers and that all DLC is free. That's pretty rare these days and Blizzard should be receiving praise for it.

Also, in case you didn't know, most of the world didn't pay what you paid for the game. Stop blaming Blizzard for your country's pricing of video games problem. We all know it's not just Blizzard.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
midrange said:

Overwatch's budget is most probably larger than that of recore's. It started off as the next big mmo to replace Warcraft (let that sink in). I'd also wager that A LOT of time was spent balancing the game. It's absurdly rare to find a game where ALL characters feel playable and not game breaking. Speaking of game breaking, this game is one of the most polished and bug free multiplayer games in ages (not to mention the optimization put in so my potato laptop can play). Finally, the amount of networking code put in (the online multiplayer aspect) is probably absurd for security reasons, performance reasons, and stability reasons (something recore doesn't deal with at all).

Of course, none this invalidates the work put into recore, but none of recore's work should invalidate overwatch's. Both in my mind are great for $40. However, saying one is good value at $40 and making a 180 and saying the other is a $40 cash grab is pretty hypocritical

It looks a good game for me

I really hope ReCore does well both sales wise and review wise. I think the idea of it looks absolutely great and the game looks great as well.

A $40 price tag is a smart move and will definitely help it out more.

ohmylanta1003 said:
Pemalite said:

Yeah. I'm not sure I really believe much of what you said, including the fact that Recore will be $50 AUD. If Overwatch and Recore are priced the same, why would Overwatch be twice as much where you live? I also think the budget and man hours spent making Overwatch was probably much larger than the budget and man hours spent making Recore. I'd be willing to bet on it.

All in all, you're just someone who either A.) never bought Overwatch, but says he did so he can talk shit about it or B.) really regrets buying Overwatch, so he talks shit about it. I don't know what being a PC gamer has to do with anything, but I do know that Overwatch was $20 less for PC gamers and that all DLC is free. That's pretty rare these days and Blizzard should be receiving praise for it.

Also, in case you didn't know, most of the world didn't pay what you paid for the game. Stop blaming Blizzard for your country's pricing of video games problem. We all know it's not just Blizzard.

Single player games involving story, character development, lots of motion capture, scripting, sound bytes' etc'. Will always be more complex, more expensive and require more development time than a multiplayer-only game that released with a dozen maps and 3 game modes.

Good thing I don't need you to believe it for something to be true.
But here you go Recore: https://www.ebgames.com.au/xbox-one-206797-ReCore-Xbox-One
50 bucks AUD.
Overwatch: https://www.ebgames.com.au/xbox-one-210385-Overwatch-Origins-Edition-Xbox-One
Boom. $100 AUD.

And whether I own overwatch or not? I actually do. See here:  https://xboxgamertag.com/search/Pemalite/xbox-one

And being a PC gamer has everything to do with it, Brood Wars/StarCraft 2, Diablo 2/3 etc' all got updates which added features and more content for free, Blizzard does it more often with it's games than it doesnt.
Most games allow for some degree of modding also, allowing for more free content.
Some games (Like Left 4 Dead) actually had DLC cost money on console, but were free on PC.

Overwatches main competition is Team Fortress 2, free game, with free content, free updates and has more content than overwatch.

In the end, the fact of the matter is... ReCore is HALF the price of Overwatch here and is easily good value for money, Overwatch is overpriced.

midrange said:

Of course, none this invalidates the work put into recore, but none of recore's work should invalidate overwatch's. Both in my mind are great for $40. However, saying one is good value at $40 and making a 180 and saying the other is a $40 cash grab is pretty hypocritical

I do agree with you. However Overwatch is a cash grab at $100 AUD. Recore will likely be good value at half that price.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Single player games involving story, character development, lots of motion capture, scripting, sound bytes' etc'. Will always be more complex, more expensive and require more development time than a multiplayer-only game that released with a dozen maps and 3 game modes.

Good thing I don't need you to believe it for something to be true.
But here you go Recore: https://www.ebgames.com.au/xbox-one-206797-ReCore-Xbox-One
50 bucks AUD.
Overwatch: https://www.ebgames.com.au/xbox-one-210385-Overwatch-Origins-Edition-Xbox-One
Boom. $100 AUD.

And whether I own overwatch or not? I actually do. See here:  https://xboxgamertag.com/search/Pemalite/xbox-one

And being a PC gamer has everything to do with it, Brood Wars/StarCraft 2, Diablo 2/3 etc' all got updates which added features and more content for free, Blizzard does it more often with it's games than it doesnt.
Most games allow for some degree of modding also, allowing for more free content.
Some games (Like Left 4 Dead) actually had DLC cost money on console, but were free on PC.

Overwatches main competition is Team Fortress 2, free game, with free content, free updates and has more content than overwatch.

In the end, the fact of the matter is... ReCore is HALF the price of Overwatch here and is easily good value for money, Overwatch is overpriced.

midrange said:

I do agree with you. However Overwatch is a cash grab at $100 AUD. Recore will likely be good value at half that price.

I am done talking to you about the price in Australia. I DON'T CARE And neither do most of the people that have his game. Because most people don't live in Australia and the game was $40, just like Recore. I would be willing to bet you on the fact that Overwatch cost much more than Recore. Also, I laugh at the fact that you still think TF2 is a competitor. Newflash! It's not! And it never will be. TF3? Maybe. But TF3 isn't a thing. A 9 year old game is not competing with a Overwatch, plain and simple. And if you're a PC gamer, you should have bought Overwatch on PC. Would've saved you some money.

To summarize, Overwatch is a great game that has sold a fuckton and is the definition of not a cash grab. I'm sure Recore will be a great game as well and I look forward to getting it if the reviews are decent.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.