By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why price ReCore at $40?

I think these kind of games don't have it easy. Even if they are very good (and get a Metascore of 90) they aren't must haves for many people. There are too many who are like "I get that game used" and instead of letting people wait for a used copy, they are like "just buy it new for 20 bucks less"

I think it is a good idea to sell some games for a lower price if you know that they won't sell too well otherwise. More people will buy it day/week one and if it is any good, more people can tell their friends about it who might buy it as well then. 

If only a little group would get it at release, there would be also no word of mouth to increase sales over the months after release. 

Around the Network

I welcome the idea that game prices can be more flexible than just 60$.

It opens the game to a broader audience. Gives the developers more leeway to work and be creative with a smaller budget but doesn't force them to pad out the game with so called content.

.- -... -.-. -..

My wallet agrees with that price

40 dollars for 10 hours of gameplay...great value. 40 dollars for a multiplayer game that can be played for hundreds of hours and comes with free DLC...overpriced cash grab.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

ohmylanta1003 said:
40 dollars for 10 hours of gameplay...great value. 40 dollars for a multiplayer game that can be played for hundreds of hours and comes with free DLC...overpriced cash grab.

I agree with you but how often do you get to play a game with Megaman platforming style and Metroid exploration and shooting mechanics? At least on 3D era.

Around the Network
ohmylanta1003 said:

Overwatch apparently sold over seven million copies. The market decides on what's a fair price for a game and what's not, but within reason of course.

Besides, I don't think the users here who think Recore's price is fair are the same individuals who complained about Overwatch.

.- -... -.-. -..

PieToast said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Overwatch apparently sold over seven million copies. The market decides on what's a fair price for a game and what's not, but within reason of course.

Besides, I don't think the users here who think Recore's price is fair are the same individuals who complained about Overwatch.

It's at 10 million now and the a lot of users of VGChartz thought it was overpriced.

All that being said, I hope Recore is good. Would love something to play on Xbone.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

ohmylanta1003 said:

The overwatch hate on this site was absurd. I was labeled crazy for thinking it could compete with cod (already 10 million in 2 weeks, still has the summer as a head start). I was told that I was supporting bad business practices by buying a $40 cash grab with no story.

It wasn't until I saw this thread (where people congratulate a $40 price tag for a 10 hour story), that I confirmed this site has a huge bias towards single player games.

not hating on recore, just had to point out the hypocrisy

I guess it has to do with the success of quantum break

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

An why not? It's obvious that is an AA game, with a medium budget. A moderate price is better to recover the costs, and reach more players.

Tim and The Princes...