By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox The Best Console To Play This Holiday? Line up is Fiyah Hot!

Tagged games:

Is it?

Yes 42 60.87%

Yes 27 39.13%

Total:69

best holiday? what about the first half of the year ? or before holiday? are we skipping that? because you know... sony has like 10 exlcusives there (with the highest rated exclusive Uncharted 4 included) while xbox had no exlcusive and will nave no exclusive the whole year, so unless xbox can put a true exclusive out of its butt this holidat that will score higher than Uncharted 4, NO, xbox is not the best console to play this holiday because you are able to play everyhting BETTER ON A PC

Around the Network

No. Not at all. Gears Halo Forza? Did Microsoft's clock stop at year 2005 or something? Are they capable of anything besides Gears Halo Forza?

Azuren said:
Not really a great holiday lineup for XB1, since those can be played elsewhere.

Good lineup for Windows, I'll probably pick up ReCore on PC.

Doesn't dimish the experience for Xbox 1 players and also these titles are console exclusives.

Anyway, good Xbox gaming on PC.

exdeath said:
No. Not at all. Gears Halo Forza? Did Microsoft's clock stop at year 2005 or something? Are they capable of anything besides Gears Halo Forza?

Halo is not releasing this year. Forza Horizon is not Motorsport.

Gears is Gears. King of TPS.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Not a big fan of gears. Forza looked good but that comes out every year. Dead rising is dead rising. Record looked alright.

PS4 has

world of FF
Ni-oh
Gran turismo sport
The last guardian
Star ocean 5.
Dragon quest builders
Guilty gear XRD: revelator
King of fighters XIV
Kingdom hearts 2.8

Plus recent releases uncharted 4 and ratchet and clank and ps4 has a killer year.

Remember Forza Horizon just shares license with Motorsport, all similarities stop at the title.

I believe there are more variety on Xbox this holiday. We're looking at the best third person shooter , best open world racing arcade game, 3rd person action adventure and an open world zombie game.

Around the Network

Yes it's a killer lineup again this year! I'll be picking up GoW4, ReCore and FH3 along with Deus Ex, South Park 2, Fifa17 and Battlefield or Titanfall, depends what my friends want to play. And of course We Happy Few when it's released.

Not only do I think Sony has a better traditional games line-up, they also have over 50 VR titles that are not coming to XBO, and a handful that won't be on Windows either.

Microsoft reset the clock, and the focus of this whole conference was on Xbox Anywhere and Ecosystems>Generations. This holiday is going to great for the select few that have loved Forza and Gears for the past decade, but for those looking for a mix of the new and old, PlayStation is the place to be for the next 18 months.

My Holiday 16 games;

PlayStation
-Gran Turismo Sport
-The Last Gaurdian
-Batman VR
-FFXV VR
-Riggs
-Star WarsStar Wars X-Wing

Xbox
-Forza Horizan 3
-Gears of War 4

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

The Ps4 actually has too much on their line up lol.

Since you are including multiplatform titles:

FFXV
World of Final Fantasy
Dragon Quest Builders,
The Last Guardian
Kingdom Heats 2.8
GT Sports
Gravity Rush 2
Ni-Oh

Not to mention the VR line-up.

I see no competition here, IMO.

I prefer PS4 exclusives for the end of the year. Right now I'm really interested in TLG, Gravity Rush 2, World of FF, and Ni-Oh as far as exclusives go. Recore is kind of interesting, planning to buy that on pc if it will be available on Steam.

It's the most irrelevant console for me... no exclusives, no reason for me to own one.

Only game that interests me is Forza horizon 3 which I'll pick on pc at some point down the line.

Psvr gets priority though.