By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Can't Win.

Will Xbox Continue to be outsold 2:1?

Yes 151 78.24%

No 25 12.95%

Maybe 17 8.81%

Total:193

More like 3/1, with the awful marketing from microsoft.

Announcing a new console one year and some months before the release, what a way to kill sales.

Around the Network

Ehhh, it's not as is Sony wouldn't know about Scorpio without MS revealing it on a stage to the public. Which kind of logic is that?

These companies have their own sources and they also get everything from leaks like we get. Announcing it now or in year doesn't change anything about what Sony knows about Scorpio.

betacon said:
Hardcore_gamer said:
Do u really think is gonna be that easy for Sony to change the spec of neo ? If they are already in production of neo no chance they can change the spec

Of course they can continue production of that model, don't announce the design change as a new model and then behind the scene match the xbox one spec and then offically release the neo.

Basically what you are saying that Sony will have to scrap pretty much everything they have done if the rumors are true.  Probably bite billions in contracts, RD, Beta systems and a whole buch of misc stuff that goes along with a hardware cycle, eat all that cost when they are in a recovery period and then go back to the drawing board and do it all over again.  Yeah, thats probably not going to happen.  Even though its a gamer fantasy that these companies can just absord huge lost just because a competitor might have an edge, it really do not work out that way.

Namiirei said:
More like 3/1, with the awful marketing from microsoft.

Announcing a new console one year and some months before the release, what a way to kill sales.

It's a console which won't get games the normal XBO does also get (at least for the first years and except for maybe VR games) and it will cost much more. People who buy XBO consoles now are people who would buy a Scorpio maybe in 2020 if we talk about the price.

This really doesn't affect the average gamer that much atm and the people who buy consoles early for a high price do already own an XBO and MS won't lose sales to them the next months.  

Johnw1104 said:
JRPGfan said:

I'm perfectly aware of overclocking. That's hardly a drastic increase, as I think the Xbox1 itself should be evidence of.

Yeah the Xbox One overclock was from 1.6ghz cpu -> 1.75ghz (150mhz increase).

Thats tiny and they didnt touch the GPU speeds (which they probably should have).

The reason that speed boost was so small was because it was last minute changes.

Sony dont have to do any "last minuet" stuff, they know about the scorpio well in advance, and will have plenty of time to make adjustments.

Sony can probably put a bigger cooling system in there, and overclock the gpu part abit, to get it closer to the scorpio.

They have had plenty of time, knowing that the scorpio is 6 tflops.

I think the PS4 neo, might have been planned for 4.3 teraflops, but will come out around 5 instead.

Just wait and see.

And I bet you when it does, its because the gpu clock speeds will be higher than the rumored 911mhz.

Around the Network

...in Japan

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

The reality is that Microsoft realized that quite awhile ago so they changed their approach. "Winning" the console war is no longer their primary objective. I mean, sure, they'd love to move more consoles than Sony, but their focus now is on selling software across Xbox and the Windows 10 app store.

Sony and Microsoft are no longer playing the exact same game.

It will be interesting to see how the market responds and if both Sony and Microsoft continue to be successful.

JRPGfan said:
Johnw1104 said:

I'm perfectly aware of overclocking. That's hardly a drastic increase, as I think the Xbox1 itself should be evidence of.

Yeah the Xbox One overclock was from 1.6ghz cpu -> 1.75ghz (150mhz increase).

Thats tiny and they didnt touch the GPU speeds (which they probably should have).

The reason that speed boost was so small was because it was last minute changes.

Sony dont have to do any "last minuet" stuff, they know about the scorpio well in advance, and will have plenty of time to make adjustments.

Sony can probably put a bigger cooling system in there, and overclock the gpu part abit, to get it closer to the scorpio.

They have had plenty of time, knowing that the scorpio is 6 tflops.

I think the PS4 neo, might have been planned for 4.3 teraflops, but will come out around 5 instead.

Just wait and see.

And I bet you when it does, its because the gpu clock speeds will be higher than the rumored 911mhz.

For a company that plans to produce millions of the console, wouldn't too much overclocking be quite a hit in terms of repairs? It increases the failure rate of the hardware.

iceland said:

ha No, Sony doesn't need to even match anything. Seems like wishful thinking on your part. Who on earth is this thread for? Don't know a single soul that thinks MS can "win" lmao

Define the term win.  As been shone plenty of times, there is no loyalty amoung gamers.  Price, performance and games seem to be the winning formula.  For the hardcore its the specs and having that bragging right.  When all is said and done, MS probably will have the most powerfull console that can do true 4k gaming and VR on the market for probably a good bit of time.  I am not sure if this new console will change the landscape for MS but what it will do is give MS the bragging rights for probably enough years to keep them competitive.

Machiavellian said:
betacon said:

Of course they can continue production of that model, don't announce the design change as a new model and then behind the scene match the xbox one spec and then offically release the neo.

Basically what you are saying that Sony will have to scrap pretty much everything they have done if the rumors are true.  Probably bite billions in contracts, RD, Beta systems and a whole buch of misc stuff that goes along with a hardware cycle, eat all that cost when they are in a recovery period and then go back to the drawing board and do it all over again.  Yeah, thats probably not going to happen.  Even though its a gamer fantasy that these companies can just absord huge lost just because a competitor might have an edge, it really do not work out that way.

What the neo is going to be sold along side the base ps4, they wont have to rip up any deals.