By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Can't Win.

Will Xbox Continue to be outsold 2:1?

Yes 151 78.24%

No 25 12.95%

Maybe 17 8.81%

Total:193

Currently they are being beaten 2:1 and Scorpio won't change that.

- Microsoft has shown Sony their hand and next year, they will regret it.
Sony can now go back to the drawing board, change a few things and match Scorpio's specs. Yes, this might mean, that Neo won't launch until next year alongside Scorpio, but Sony shouldn't care, as they have already shown, that they can -and will outsell their competitors, even at a $50-75 disadvantage.

- Sony got the momentum. They have captured the many hearts of the hardcore gamer and they got the mindshare of the casual.

- Microsoft's software line-up is not as vast and diverse as Sony's and let us be honest, it always comes down to the games.

This is just a small list of upcoming games for Playstation 4.

- The Last Guardian
- Horizon: Zero Dawn
- God of War
- Dreams
- Nioh
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Spider-Man
- Gravity Rush 2
- Persona 5
- Ni-No-Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom
- Days Gone
- Gran Turismo Sport
-  Shenmue 3
- Detroit: Become Human
- Nier: Automata

Honestly I don't see a future where Microsoft comes out on top, they will likely continue to be outsold 2:1, regardless of Scorpio.

Around the Network

Do u really think is gonna be that easy for Sony to change the spec of neo ? If they are already in production of neo no chance they can change the spec

That and announcing a huge upgrade 18 months before it arrives... Someone blew their load way too soon lol.i suspect the 2:1 will become 3:1 or more for the next year

Hardcore_gamer said:
Do u really think is gonna be that easy for Sony to change the spec of neo ? If they are already in production of neo no chance they can change the spec

If. :)

I can only see Sony on top. No other console manufacturer will ever come close. #AllHailSony #GetReadyForMoreDomination

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

Sony have the console market in the bag, microsoft probably knows this, they're diversifying to include pc as well. Sony will be the dominant players in the console space, Valve dominate PC and Microsoft will have successful business in both.

But yes, the Xbox won't be able to recapture it's marketshare in relation to sony.

They revealed their hand way too early. Why buy and Xbox One S or regular Xbox One if I can just hold on to my money and what for Scorpio. Hell, why would I get an Xbox if I can just buy a really good computer and play basically every big Xbox exclusive?

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Hardcore_gamer said:

Of course they can continue production of that model, don't announce the design change as a new model and then behind the scene match the xbox one spec and then offically release the neo.

They dont need to go back to the drawing board with the Neo.
The 4.3 teraflops is plenty.... at most I think they ll up the clock speeds abit and maybe get 4.5-5 teraflops.

That might require them to put in a bigger cooling unit, and thats about it.
If they can still release a year or so ahead of the scorpio, it doesnt matter if its weaker.

They will have the cheaper console which is much more important.

" Microsoft has shown Sony their hand and next year, they will regret it.
Sony can now go back to the drawing board, change a few things and match Scorpio's specs. Yes, this might mean, that Neo won't launch until next year alongside Scorpio, but Sony shouldn't care, as they have already shown, that they can -and will outsell their competitors, even at a $50-75 disadvantage."

ha No, Sony doesn't need to even match anything. Seems like wishful thinking on your part. Who on earth is this thread for? Don't know a single soul that thinks MS can "win" lmao