By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Speculation: NX Controller Shown In Zelda Trailer?

Because they would use the same shape in this obvious Wii U version of the game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

He's holding a magnet. I ain't saying it's not possible that they go with that controller but not all patents lead to products. Also he's holding a magnet

bunchanumbers said:
Rustynail said:

Your chart is wrong. Wii U is well over 10m units. Adjust your chart please.

The Wii is over 100M. I assume the chart uses data only from some regions.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Just watched them use that again, it's used to target somewhat hidden treasure chests and move them closer, so I think it's just meant to look like a magnet given how it's used.

lmao what is that thing

Around the Network

That's just a common way to illustrate a magnet. Anyone pushing that this will be a controller design is silly.

Johnw1104 said:

Not to mention the black line cuts right through an enormous success in the Wii lol

There may be a trend, but nothing is set in stone. Nintendo doesn't have to compete in terms of total sales with Sony to still have a success on their hands; they're two very different companies.

No they are not. That's like saying Sony don't need to sell 157 million PS2 consoles when they can sell 50 million.  They are both manufactures of game consoles. If Nintendo aren't capable of manufacturing a console that can cater to the masses, then they will have a very hard time selling consoles. Nintendo should embrace that they are a software company and exit the hardware business for good.

Rustynail said:
Johnw1104 said:

Not to mention the black line cuts right through an enormous success in the Wii lol

There may be a trend, but nothing is set in stone. Nintendo doesn't have to compete in terms of total sales with Sony to still have a success on their hands; they're two very different companies.

No they are not. That's like saying Sony don't need to sell 157 million PS2 consoles when they can sell 50 million.  They are both manufactures of game consoles. If Nintendo aren't capable of manufacturing a console that can cater to the masses, then they will have a very hard time selling consoles. Nintendo should embrace that they are a software company and exit the hardware business for good.

Nintendo should do whatever they please. There's no reason Nintendo needs to be #1 in the market; all three did exceedingly well simultaneously in the 7th generation. I feel I'm wasting my time with you, though, as your attitude is quite polemic and you have the writing style of a troll. I don't know if that's what you are, but you're very unpleasant and are clearly trying to incite anger in others.

Nintendo may be forced out of the console market, but I certainly won't be cheering for them to do so quite like you are. Why anyone would wish failure on a company is beyond me.

That's the magnetic force ability in the game the player moves metal objects with it, it was used on stream several times.

Johnw1104 said:
Rustynail said:

Nintendo should do whatever they please. There's no reason Nintendo needs to be #1 in the market; all three did exceedingly well simultaneously in the 7th generation. I feel I'm wasting my time with you, though, as your attitude is quite polemic and you have the writing style of a troll. I don't know if that's what you are, but you're very unpleasant and are clearly trying to incite anger in others.

Nintendo may be forced out of the console market, but I certainly won't be cheering for them to do so quite like you are. Why anyone would wish failure on a company is beyond me.

Nintendo should do whatever they please? They are welcome to do that but don't expect them to surpass Wii U sale numbers then. They flopped with the Wii U and they deserved it. I can't think of a single reason why people shouldn't be angry and wish them more failures after the disaster they pulled with the Wii U.

After selling at a loss and making mistakes that lost them a tremendous amount of customers, you still think they should do whatever they please? If Nintendo don't change then they will flop every time.