By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Only Sony and Nintendo Have Exclusives, Now

So only Sony and Nintendo got exclusive games now

Yes, that's right. 432 71.76%

Yes but I don't care. 67 11.13%

No. 103 17.11%

Total:602

It's an absolutely undeniable fact. It's going to be a very strange listwar future, and I have to be honest and say ironic.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Console exclusives still hold a lot of weight. I don't think it's a big of a deal that all of xbox one exclusives are going to Windows 10.

Machiavellian said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Yea, this is essentially killing the xbox brand. What are they thinking though?

They are thinking console gamers and PC gamers are not the same.  That console gamers are not going to purchase a PC and put it in their living room to play PC or even xbox games.  They are thinking that they can sell their games to PC gamers who would usually not purchase a console anyway or even PS gamers who also own a gaming PC.  They are thinking with tighter integration between Win10 and X1 they will also get a larger community for the Win10 Store and X1.  They are probably thinking that using customized hardware really isn't where the market is going anymore with Sony, Nintendo and themselves using PC parts.  I am thinking MS feels getting you as a customer is way more important then just getting you as a console customer.  What their gameplan going from there should be interesting.

Thats what people keep saying but the thing is... its not 2005 anymore. PC parts are getting cheaper, PC games are already a lot cheaper and they don't even have to build it themselves with companies out there that will assemble it for you. The PC scene is gradually becoming more attractive and this move to combine it with Xbox is certainly not a positive on for Xbox's future. All Microsoft is concerned with right now is the immediate profits since they own both platforms.

yvanjean said:
How much profit do the naysayers think Microsoft is making selling consoles? If they include PC gamers in their install based and sell them Xbox One controllers, have them sign up to the Xbox live and join the Xbox communities. It's better for Microsoft.

To answer the OP question, Microsoft is Xbox and Windows 10, therefore all exclusive from now on will be Microsoft exclusive rather then Xbox Exclusive.

Do you even understand between Windows 10 exclusives vs coming to PC?

This is what MS wants you to believe on the surface, but if you look closer you see that having a dedicated console is more profitable than a store on windows. They wont make any money from xbox live from PC gamers, in fact they have to pay for these servers now.

And they wont make any money from software royalties on third party games like they do on Xbox. If some one only uses the windows store to buy the MS exclusives but buys everything else on steam, how is it exactley helping MS or Xbox? Espacially with how poorly windows store games are performing and having all these restrictions, why should someone buy his multiplats like Tomb Raider on the windows store?

Well i still think that once their pc market takes off they will do away with xbox.

Around the Network

Thanks for all the messages and votes by the way.

Technically, Xbox and Windows are both owned by Microsoft. So Microsoft still has exclusives.

Lots of Xbox Enthusiasts that don't seem to understand that if Xbox doesn't continue to sell, it'll go away. And allowing to do literally anything the Xbox One can do elsewhere... It's bad for Xbox.

Yes, it was a smart move for MICROSOFT. But their Xbox brand is now in jeopardy, because there's no concrete reason to own it. Everything it can do can be done on a PC and then some.

PC/PS4/Zelda-Machine seems to be the way to go right now.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Nintendo would be smart to release all their future games on Steam, since there is no market on Wii-U / NX and there never will be. Zelda could sell millions of copies more this way.

Azuren said:
PC/PS4/Zelda-Machine seems to be the way to go right now.

Well said.