By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Only Sony and Nintendo Have Exclusives, Now

So only Sony and Nintendo got exclusive games now

Yes, that's right. 432 71.76%

Yes but I don't care. 67 11.13%

No. 103 17.11%

Total:602
Mystro-Sama said:
Machiavellian said:

They are thinking console gamers and PC gamers are not the same.  That console gamers are not going to purchase a PC and put it in their living room to play PC or even xbox games.  They are thinking that they can sell their games to PC gamers who would usually not purchase a console anyway or even PS gamers who also own a gaming PC.  They are thinking with tighter integration between Win10 and X1 they will also get a larger community for the Win10 Store and X1.  They are probably thinking that using customized hardware really isn't where the market is going anymore with Sony, Nintendo and themselves using PC parts.  I am thinking MS feels getting you as a customer is way more important then just getting you as a console customer.  What their gameplan going from there should be interesting.

Thats what people keep saying but the thing is... its not 2005 anymore. PC parts are getting cheaper, PC games are already a lot cheaper and they don't even have to build it themselves with companies out there that will assemble it for you. The PC scene is gradually becoming more attractive and this move to combine it with Xbox is certainly not a positive on for Xbox's future. All Microsoft is concerned with right now is the immediate profits since they own both platforms.

When it becomes mainstream to put a PC in the living room then you have a point.  Currently its not mainstream and if it does, guess who OS MS is trying to make sure be front and center in that experience.  If the PC start to become more attractive, then MS initiative also become more attractive as the OS and platform for the PC in the living room.  You are saying this is a cash grab but totally missing the point that all this integration between the PC and X1 is to have the MS experience no matter if you use their hardware or someone else, as long as you are using Win10, XBL and the Win store to do it.  MS is a software company more than hardware.  MS work with partners more on the hardware front and what their software front and center.

Around the Network

MS is thinking like a software seller will do, they have now 2 systems and one store to sell their games. Now they will be focusing in price and/or power regard the hardware, and not generations, or exclusive content. I think their plan is also compete with the stores of Android and iOS selling smaller games that cellphones can run.

The more machines have their store, the better, and are confident that the cummulative library of games over time (that's why BC, and the adopton of W10 as OS of Xbox) will give them a selling point.

Only time will tell us if that approach will make it or not, but right now of course Microsoft have exclusives, and a promising future in front of them.

Tim and The Princes...

It will not surprise me if MS follow one or both of this two paths in the future:

1) Microsoft licensing X10 machines to other manufacturers in exchange of a fee. Maybe will have in the future a supercheap only digital Acer X10 compatible machine, or a superpowerful Xbox of Alienware, more advanced but also more expensive than Scorpio. Basically doing with gaming hardware what they do in the tablets market.

2) MS allowing other stores, or exclusive lineups of a certain publisher (bethesda, EA) in their own store, in exchange of a fee, Why not put Gog as an app in Scorpio, or a Gog Selection of ports of PC games in the Xbox Store. Maybe some day Steam? That would be a good selling point over Sony.

Tim and The Princes...

Yes, it's true;

MS is really showing nothing as new IPs and fresh ideas; hopefully this will change with the next XBox, which is not Scorpio.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

dharh said:
method114 said:

I don't get it what does the store have to do with the actual game. All the store does is let you buy the game and download it right? After that you don't even use it I would think.

I can't even get the store to  _work_ on my windows 10 install.  It just does not work, and frankly i'm not going to reinstall windows just to access the store.

Wow that's bad.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
yvanjean said:
How much profit do the naysayers think Microsoft is making selling consoles? If they include PC gamers in their install based and sell them Xbox One controllers, have them sign up to the Xbox live and join the Xbox communities. It's better for Microsoft.

To answer the OP question, Microsoft is Xbox and Windows 10, therefore all exclusive from now on will be Microsoft exclusive rather then Xbox Exclusive.

Do you even understand between Windows 10 exclusives vs coming to PC?

This is what MS wants you to believe on the surface, but if you look closer you see that having a dedicated console is more profitable than a store on windows. They wont make any money from xbox live from PC gamers, in fact they have to pay for these servers now.

And they wont make any money from software royalties on third party games like they do on Xbox. If some one only uses the windows store to buy the MS exclusives but buys everything else on steam, how is it exactley helping MS or Xbox? Espacially with how poorly windows store games are performing and having all these restrictions, why should someone buy his multiplats like Tomb Raider on the windows store?

Microsoft niche in the PC Market is the Xbox connectivity. They can now link Windows 10 and Xbox conosoles gamers. In order to play with your friend playing on the Xbox live if you are a PC gamer you won't have a choice but to buy the game on Windows 10. Microsoft also own one of the biggest gaming studios in Microsoft studios and with licensing partners they are offering exclusive content only available on Windows 10. Like any other store if you can get customer to purchase at least one product they might get compelled to buy more content in the future. 

The software royalties might not be has high on Windows 10 then they are on xbox consoles but multiply by potential millions of sales and there still plenty of money to be made. Beside both microsoft and sony knows that eventuallly we won't need a console in order to play games in the living room, weither it's advancement in smart TV or cloud processing. 

How do you attract people away from steam? By offering exclusives content and deals on the windows store. Beside, when it come to a casual audience that own a PC they won't have any alliance to either steam or windows 10 store. They will simply go to the store that is more convenient and the fact that Microsoft own the #1 Operating system on every PC. Which store do you think will be more readily available. Microsoft is also consistently improving their windows store to rivals steam. 

BasilZero said:
Tell me when Rare Replay and Halo MCC are on it then I'll agree with you.

Well : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=217626&page=1#

Upping the thread.

WebMasterFlex said:
Upping the thread.

But.... Why?!?

To have more opinion and vote