By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon: Zero Dawn may be the best new IP this generation

Tagged games:

Horizon

Da new IP king! 127 37.69%

Great new IP 107 31.75%

Good new IP 52 15.43%

Average new IP 36 10.68%

Bad new IP 0 0%

Horrible new IP 9 2.67%

Go back to Killzone! 6 1.78%

Total:337

It's definitely a candidate for the best IP this generation!
But the competition is strong (Bloodborne, Gravity Rush, Tearaway...). ^^

Around the Network

The gameplay will be awesome I have no doubt about that. But please for fuck sake GG (the developers, not the grumpy VGC user) give is meaningful characters and story. Just hire somebody who knows what they are doing. Get advice off naughty Dog, anything.

bananaking21 said:
Ali_16x said:

He said best, not best selling.

EDIT: Lol I'm not sure why you guys keep saying Splatoon, I'm pretty sure it isn't the highest rated new IP this gen.

i think bloodborne is. 

You mean Dark Souls Bloodborne edition? :-p Come on you can hardly call that one a new IP.

I pretty much doubt it. Not for me, at least. The more I see, the more disenchanted I get with it by the minute.

Best to wait until this gen is over. Remember how late TLoU came out last gen? Not saying TLoU 'is' the best new IP last gen but definitely a high contender for many.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
Miyamotoo said:
It very hard to say until game come out, but hardly will beat Splatoon. :)

*bloodborne

;)

I wouldn't call Bloodborne new IP, it far more spin off of Souls games, even same developer done Bloodborne.

Teeqoz said:
Azzanation said:
So far Sea of Thieves holds that title for me. Horizon looks great however GG track record isnt something ill be having high hopes for. They make great looking games but they tend to lack where it counts.

If we're gonna bring up track record, Rare hasn't exactly been stellar for a good while either...

I agree, but if i had to place my money on a company to make a good game it will be Rare. Rare doesnt have the shackles of Kinect anymore while GG simple havent made anything amazing since Killzone 2.

Luke888 said:
Not to be THAT GUY, I'm shure the game has been in development for far more than a year before it was announced last year but... Am I the only one that got Zelda vibes from last night's trailer ? I dunno but the latest trailer has me thinking about the Zelda E3 2014 trailer, the protagonist riding a quadrupede while fighting a spider-like robot and wielding a technological Bow and Arrow, they even went slow-mo when she targeted for the final shot...

Again I'm not acusing anyone of anything but it's indeed very strange for me...

I thought the same thing.

Horizon Zero Dawn dinosaur design reminds me of that japanese toy from the 80's called Zoids (Anyone remember those?) right down to the articulation points all over them, except those had human riders in them.

Azzanation said:
Teeqoz said:

If we're gonna bring up track record, Rare hasn't exactly been stellar for a good while either...

I agree, but if i had to place my money on a company to make a good game it will be Rare. Rare doesnt have the shackles of Kinect anymore while GG simple havent made anything amazing since Killzone 2.

Rare isn't the same team it used to be though, and I have a bad feeling that SoT is going to run into the Evolve problem. They game looks like it requires a really tight working team to really work and people aren't going to want to be that dedicated to the game and it's going to die.

Not saying that's going to happen, but I'm seeing red flags.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.