By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon: Zero Dawn may be the best new IP this generation

Tagged games:

Horizon

Da new IP king! 127 37.69%

Great new IP 107 31.75%

Good new IP 52 15.43%

Average new IP 36 10.68%

Bad new IP 0 0%

Horrible new IP 9 2.67%

Go back to Killzone! 6 1.78%

Total:337

Looks extraordinary. I don't know if it's #1 of the generation yet, though. Too soon to know.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network

Agree with OP... Nice new Ip... i love that narrative style (Bioware style) with amazing action gameplay, open world and RPG!!

In Sony We Trust!

spectacular

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Graphically it looks fantastic. It also has some interesting gameplay mechanics. However, it's FAR too early to claim 'New IP of the generation'. Guerrilla doesn't exactly have the best track record. Let's wait and see :) Don't get too hyped people, you'll only be disappointed. Wait with anticipation but don't expect wonders. If it does deliver, at least you'll be pleasantly surprised. Hope for the best but don't expect that :)

XBL: NathObeaN | PSN: NathObeaN | Steam: NathObeaN

I think Splatoon is because of how radically different it is within its own genre, a genre that tends towards homogeneity, and this radical difference works very much in its favor.

Looking forward to what an NX upgrade or sequel can do.

Around the Network

Yup, this game looks really interesting! One of my most anticipated games from all of E3! I like the setting, a post apocalyptic world with robots roaming the wild is a new, fresh take on something old. There's also some interesting gameplay at work here as well. I'm looking forward to it!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

NathObeaN said:
Graphically it looks fantastic. It also has some interesting gameplay mechanics. However, it's FAR too early to claim 'New IP of the generation'. Guerrilla doesn't exactly have the best track record. Let's wait and see :) Don't get too hyped people, you'll only be disappointed. Wait with anticipation but don't expect wonders. If it does deliver, at least you'll be pleasantly surprised. Hope for the best but don't expect that :)

Do they have a bad track record or something? I have seen quite a few people say this and was just wondering what they meant. I know KZ: Shadowfall scored in the low 70s....which still isn't bad by the game. But I am sure both KZ2 and KZ3 both scored above 80 heck if I remember correctly KZ2 scorbed in the 90s. I even think KZ: Mercenary got a good score if I am not mistaken. So why do people keep saying they don't have the best track record?

OT:

The game looks great and definitely has me very intrigued so far!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

BraLoD said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Do they have a bad track record or something? I have seen quite a few people say this and was just wondering what they meant. I know KZ: Shadowfall scored in the low 70s....which still isn't bad by the game. But I am sure both KZ2 and KZ3 both scored above 80 heck if I remember correctly KZ2 scorbed in the 90s. I even think KZ: Mercenary got a good score if I am not mistaken. So why do people keep saying they don't have the best track record?

OT:

Is, K2 is a 91.
But GG has been going down since it, gladly it seems like this will change with Horizon.
GG is not one of my favorite developers, but it may starting being from now on.

Ahhhhh okay well that makes sense. I have high hopes for this game!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

BraLoD said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

OT:

Is, K2 is a 91.
But GG has been going down since it, gladly it seems like this will change with Horizon.
GG is not one of my favorite developers, but it may starting being from now on.

I hope so. Like I said in previous comment, gg are amazing at making games with good gameplay, they will not fail on that front. So if you're not too worried about story like you said in op, you should really enjoy Horizon.

This game will play as good as it looks. Start saving for a PS4 ya bitch!

BraLoD said:
SWORDF1SH said:

I hope so. Like I said in previous comment, gg are amazing at making games with good gameplay, they will not fail on that front. So if you're not too worried about story like you said in op, you should really enjoy Horizon.

This game will play as good as it looks. Start saving for a PS4 ya bitch!

Can't believe TLG will get out before I get a PS4 xP

Don't worry, I'll live stream it for you.