By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon: Zero Dawn may be the best new IP this generation

Tagged games:

Horizon

Da new IP king! 127 37.69%

Great new IP 107 31.75%

Good new IP 52 15.43%

Average new IP 36 10.68%

Bad new IP 0 0%

Horrible new IP 9 2.67%

Go back to Killzone! 6 1.78%

Total:337
NathObeaN said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

It is odd the single player in KZ2 lacked while the MP shined. The sinlge player and story in KZ3 was good while the MP fell short of what it used to be lol. I haven't had enough time with Shadowfall yet to judge lol. But if they can get that balance in between 2 and 3 in what they are trying to do with Horizon we may be in for a treat. Time will tell though! Can't wait to try the game for myself either way.

I'm a bit of an odd cookie when it comes to my opinion on Killzone games... I actually thought Shadowfall was the best of the three. I thought 2+3 were quite bombastic and lacked 'breathing' moments whereas Killzone Shadowfall was slower and had moments that made me want to wonder and explore :) Equally, most people found the MP preferable over SP whereas I thought the MP of Killzone was quite boring and barely touched it across any of the games haha. Oh well, each to their own!

I need to finish Shadowfall but I have been so wrapped up in Uncharted 4(finally got my PS4 with the limited edition bundle) that I haen't touched anything else yet really outside of Digimon and guitar Hero(me and the kids love these games lol). I will get on it this weekend more than likey to finish it so I can speak on it because it looks really good to me!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

The PS5 Exists. 

Yeah. It will be better than Splatoon. I get that it sold well, but it's not offering anything near the scope of HZD. And also, Bloodbourne happened. Many, if not most, see that as the current king of new ip's this gen. PLAY-STAY-SHONE!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

TheBlackNaruto said:
NathObeaN said:

I'm a bit of an odd cookie when it comes to my opinion on Killzone games... I actually thought Shadowfall was the best of the three. I thought 2+3 were quite bombastic and lacked 'breathing' moments whereas Killzone Shadowfall was slower and had moments that made me want to wonder and explore :) Equally, most people found the MP preferable over SP whereas I thought the MP of Killzone was quite boring and barely touched it across any of the games haha. Oh well, each to their own!

I need to finish Shadowfall but I have been so wrapped up in Uncharted 4(finally got my PS4 with the limited edition bundle) that I haen't touched anything else yet really outside of Digimon and guitar Hero(me and the kids love these games lol). I will get on it this weekend more than likey to finish it so I can speak on it because it looks really good to me!

I only played 2 and 3, but 3 was my prefered game. Shadowfall is still in the backlog.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Twitch stream archive:

https://www.twitch.tv/guerrilla/v/72957724

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Cyber Sleuth, you mean?

Yes sir that is the one. REALLY good game man.....and it being an RPG makes it even better.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

To me it looks like Farcry Primal with faker animals.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

This is going to be very handy:

My favorite a-ha moment happened when the developers were guiding us through a tiny section of the game, similar to one seen in the game’s trailers. Compared to those, however, it felt more like a real game; the player could pop into menus, accept quests from characters, and buy items from vendors.

While the developer was picking up a piece of armor, I noticed an option for the player to “create a job.” Wondering if it was merely a piece of placeholder text, I asked the developer what that did. As it turns out, it’s going to be super useful!

How many times have you wanted to buy a new piece of equipment and been short one random piece of crafting material? It’s annoying, especially if you’re not sure where to track down what you need. In Horizon Zero Dawn, the “create a job” option will generate a quest to give you the items to buy the equipment.

The PS5 Exists. 

Gameplay, Story, the world and settings, characters = TOP !!!

The PS5 Exists.