By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rate Sony's 2016 E3 Conference

9/10, I'm very excited on about The Last Guardian, Horizon Zero Dawn and Detroit.

NNID/PSN: Kung_Kjartan

Around the Network

9/10. This should be the template for E3 presentations going forward. I don't know who is responsible for this but they need a bonus RIGHT NOW. Like, in cash.

I thought Microsoft had a solid conference but it looked downright archaic in comparison.

9 outta 10. The damn conference caught me off-guard since the start. And they showed games, kept showing them non-stop. Barely any talking, being on point. It was a masterful conference.

6/10. Wasn't interested in another God of War, or another 3rd person zombie game. Not one mention of Vita and not really one game that looked like genuine fun. It all looked like more generic interactive experiences. And those are getting pretty boring.

I'd give it a 7. Great presentation, but my concern is mostly on VR. Yes, they made the device look good with the games shown, but I'm questioning if it's worth it, considering that I don't have a PS4 at the moment.
Kojima's new game looks interesting, but since there's no gameplay, I can't judge it properly.
Detroit looks interesting as well.

Edit: Forgot to mention Vita...I guess because there's nothing that was present for the platform. If its part of Sony's available platforms, I have to consider it as well. So I guess that affects the score to a 6..

Around the Network

8.5/10. Reduced only because I would have liked to have seen hardware and new pricing. The games were 10/10 easily for me though.

The PS5 Exists. 

9/10

Apparently a Rockstar announcement was cut out very late and if that would've been Red Dead 3 or Agent I would've scored this 9.5. Does anyone know why it was cut?

It's totally fair if you don't like the conference but frankly you aren't very into PlayStation games then. This had EVERYTHING for a PlayStation fan. Even motherf***ing Crash Bandicoot! :D Though, if it turns out that the remakes of Crash 1+2+3 are made by an average developer my score would go down to 8.5.

Personally: 7/10
No interest in Horizon, the Bend Game, Spider-man
Resident Evil was cool, same with GOW, TLG
No bias: 7.5-8/10
Way better than microsoft's, but there was no huge reveal this time (FFXV,FFVII,TLG,Horizon,Uncharted, ect). I'll put it under last years.

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

Copy pasting from the other thread..

Gonna need a few days to digest this.. very divided. Such a mix of "awesome" and "ugh".

God of war - an example of that mix. Looks awesome. But also looks like they're going for a ND-style presentation with Souls-like gameplay..which isn't bad but i miss mah proper hack and slashes. Feels like the genre has truly died after seeing that transformation and it's sad.

TLG - thanks for sending GOTG out to die between BF1, TF2 and COD. *thumbs up*

Insomniac's Spidey looked great

Days Gone looks like what I expected, an uninspired "us too" ND-poor-man's-clone. Also, try watching videos of God of war, Days Gone and Horizon side by side. Yeahh...variety's being thrown out the window in the AAA scene.

Death Stranding - Too bad you didn't tell the squealing people that is just a small VR title and your real game is something else. I assume. Because it makes sense.

Resident Evil 7 - OH MY GOD. The most disappointing reveal this generation, I'm going to pretend this never happened, that Capcom doesn't exist, and that RE ended after Revelations 2 was released. I never want to hear a word about this shit again.

Abzu and Bound - two of the best games we've seen at E3, shame those cheap VR demos were more important for the conference and pushed these to the pre-show.

Never cared about Crash so no comment there.

No GR2, only a youtube trailer without a release date. Delay? Delay. FU.

Like i said I need to still digest but no way i'm giving it more than a 5/10. At least it was the least worse conference.."at least".

Quality of the show would put it at a 9 maybe, but they didn't have the kinda bombs I reserve for 9s. Sony last year was a 9, only held back from a 10 by some fluff they could have cut. Nintendo 2014 was a 9 thanks to how tight it was and all the announcements and first trailers and hype with Zelda as the centerpiece.

This was more of an 8/10. Excellent conference, and they did have one really big bomb with the new God of War. But Days Gone is just another zombie open world, Death Stranding had nothing shown, etc. So 8/10. Great showing, but had some areas it definitely could have improved.