By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Wii does not = , > the PS2,PS3,360 because they are NOT THE SAME!!

NJ5 said:

That must be the lamest defense to discount Wii's domination I've ever seen.

@ConAir: So why are the PS3 and 360 together selling less than the consoles of the previous generation did? As others have pointed out, do you think the video games market is experiencing a horrible crash?

Face it, the Wii is stealing customers from the PS3 and the 360. Sooner or later everyone will recognize that, it's just a matter of time for the more stubborn people.

I hope that first line wasn't adressed to me.....

No, the 360 & PS3 wear very different pricetags (cause of thetechnology) and the Wii has appealing games to people that just want to play a game. Pick it up and play. Those two combined are a winning couple. The videogamesmarket just got bigger and bigger, so definitely no crash. But rather a turning point. I think we're gonna see more casual games on all systems.

Wii wil win this generation, no doubt about it. But the (hard)core gamers who play on the Wii now, will buy a PS3 or 360 also. But Sony and MS will not get the casual gamer. This group mainly only buys one console.

Around the Network
ConAir said:
NJ5 said:

@ConAir: So why are the PS3 and 360 together selling less than the consoles of the previous generation did? As others have pointed out, do you think the video games market is experiencing a horrible crash?

Face it, the Wii is stealing customers from the PS3 and the 360. Sooner or later everyone will recognize that, it's just a matter of time for the more stubborn people.

No, the 360 & PS3 wear very different pricetags (cause of thetechnology) and the Wii has appealing games to people that just want to play a game. Pick it up and play. Those two combined are a winning couple. The videogamesmarket just got bigger and bigger, so definitely no crash. But rather a turning point. I think we're gonna see more casual games on all systems.

Wii wil win this generation, no doubt about it. But the (hard)core gamers who play on the Wii now, will buy a PS3 or 360 also. But Sony and MS will not get the casual gamer. This group mainly only buys one console.

By your logic I'm a casual gamer who has bought numerous consoles and many games. I have a high end PC and this gen I own a Wii, not a 360 or PS3. Therefore by your logic I'm a casual gamer. Huh how does that work.

some of your points are valid, some aren't, either way Nintendo is competing in the same market as its rivals - the videogame market they're just competing for different demographics.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
ConAir said:
NJ5 said:

No, the 360 & PS3 wear very different pricetags (cause of thetechnology) and the Wii has appealing games to people that just want to play a game. Pick it up and play. Those two combined are a winning couple. The videogamesmarket just got bigger and bigger, so definitely no crash. But rather a turning point. I think we're gonna see more casual games on all systems.

The first line wasn't addressed to you, it was for the thread creator.

To you - tell me when you're expecting this massive conversion of hardcore Wii gamers into Wii60 /PSWii gamers. imthelegend has already posted a quite interesting reply to your post too.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

i still wonder what would of happened if the ps3 was 299.99 when it came out would we still be having these stupid convo's on how ones better than the other cause its

outselling the other when each system has its own strengths?

one can dream for people to shut up one can dream.

Incert Witty Comment on how i'm a fanboy of all systems including PC here.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
ConAir said:
NJ5 said:

The first line wasn't addressed to you, it was for the thread creator.

To you - tell me when you're expecting this massive conversion of hardcore Wii gamers into Wii60 /PSWii gamers. imthelegend has already posted a quite interesting reply to your post too.

I wasn't trying to discount the Wii's domination , i'm happy the Wii is performing well considering how hard my friends lauphed at me for buying a gamecube 2 years before buying a PS2 last gen , it is in a sense Nintendo's revenge.

But anyway , Nintendo's dominating or not, that doesn't make a slight different to my original point. Re-read the OP assuming Nintnedo sold poorly , would that have any difference on my point ? no it wouldn't.

Raziel Dune said:

i still wonder what would of happened if the ps3 was 299.99 when it came out would we still be having these stupid convo's on how ones better than the other cause its

outselling the other when each system has its own strengths?

one can dream for people to shut up one can dream.

If the PS3 was $299.99 when it launched, Sony would be bankrupt.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

sc94597 that article is really good, thanks.

NJ5 said:
Raziel Dune said:

i still wonder what would of happened if the ps3 was 299.99 when it came out would we still be having these stupid convo's on how ones better than the other cause its

outselling the other when each system has its own strengths?

one can dream for people to shut up one can dream.

If the PS3 was $299.99 when it launched, Sony would be bankrupt.

+1 for NJ5.

Million said:

IF PS3 , XBOX 360 , PS2 VS WII IS AN ACCEPTABLE COMPARISON THEN SO IS SKODA VS FERRARI OR FOOTBALL VS BASKETBALL , IPOD VS CHEAP IMPORTS.

GRANTED SOME OF THEY'RE CUSTOMERS ARE THE SAME PEOPLE BUT I'D BET A LARGE % OF NINTENDO'S CUSTOMERS WOULD NEVER BUY A PS3 OR 360.

I know i'll probably get flamed to hell but the satisfaction of getting this off my chest was and is well worth it.

Blah, blah, blah :)

Sorry - you miss the point.

Hardware is a vehicle used to sell software - similar to the way cars consume fuel. Whether you sell 1m units on the Wii, DS, 360 or PS3 makes little difference.

I know the oil companies out there would MUCH rather millions of average gas-guzzlers, to having just 1/10th the number of cars - which consume (say) 30% more fuel each.

Of course the irony with the Wii is that not only is it selling more software - its that Nintendo actually makes more profit from cheaper priced hardware - than MS or Sony do from more expensive hardware.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099