By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't get MS's plan, announcing this early, Scrap NEO? PS5 in 2018?

This was a really odd move. They are releasing an expensive slim and have announced a successor to it for next year. It's like butchering your own sales. Why would anyone buy a Slim at full price knowing the Scorpio is coming next holiday season.

Considering most the rumours around the consoles have been true, all Sony needs to do is upclock their processor to get it to similar performance of the Scorpio. Wonder if Sony will do this.

On a similar note, they said 320Gb bandwidth. The PS4 is around 240Gb I think. Can anyone guess any RAM specs from this?

Around the Network
teigaga said:
Sony aren't going to cancel the Neo, MS is putting it out there that a new X1 is coming for pple who would otherwise be tempted to go to Neo

Or in my case tempted by the XBox One S...
I'm glad they're upfront about it, would have been pissed to find out after paying 399 for the slim.

Didn't some of us see this coming? MS sees the writing on the wall for XB one and decides to call time on Xb one early and get into another generation before the wheels completely fall off their console venture.

Neo with its 20-30% power buff over PS4 seems entirely redundant now. I guess at least now Sony has time to review this approach.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Neo and Scorpio are both abominations in the console scene. For me, anyway. Hope they all fail miserably.

Why say it is 4K? Is it over a $1000?

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Mr Puggsly said:

If you wanna make it black and white, sure.

But bear in mind if Vita and Wii U were selling like X1, they might be considered successful and not being phased out so quickly.

Hence, failure is not black and white like you believe.

I don't want to make anything from any color, you are not myself to claim things for me, so don't put words in my mouth or claims things as if I've done it when I didn't.

XBO is a failed product, and MS knows and is acting accordingly to it, plain and simple.

Well based on words coming from you, it sounds like PS4 is failure as well. Why else are they also releasing a new model?

Hmmmm... they are essentially doing the same thing but you spin MS's decisions as failure.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

binary solo said:
Didn't some of us see this coming? MS sees the writing on the wall for XB one and decides to call time on Xb one early and get into another generation before the wheels completely fall off their console venture.

Neo with its 20-30% power buff over PS4 seems entirely redundant now. I guess at least now Sony has time to review this approach.

Hey maybe NEO was a Sony trick :P and that's why they confired it but didn't show anything. 

Buying order: Switch, better pc

Kenway said:
Neo and Scorpio are both abominations in the console scene. For me, anyway. Hope they all fail miserably.

Unless optimization gets really bad for original specs, it doesent really matter.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Kenway said:

Unless optimization gets really bad for original specs, it doesent really matter.

Optimization is already dicey. It's going to get worse.

binary solo said:

Wrong, Neo's rumoured GPU spec: 4.3 TFlops, current PS4 GPU: 1.8 TFlops. That would be a 238% powerbuff. Which puts Neo at 24% approx below Scorpio.

Stupid move by both companies if you ask me.