By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't get MS's plan, announcing this early, Scrap NEO? PS5 in 2018?

This Xbox 2 announcement has just made e3 irrelevant for me..... like wow why invest in this gen when it ends next year -_-

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
teigaga said:
Sony aren't going to cancel the Neo, MS is putting it out there that a new X1 is coming for pple who would otherwise be tempted to go to Neo

They should tho.... either that or up the specs to 6tflops and 16gb of ram, because they will not compete with the Xbox Scorpio in power, it'll almost be like wii-x360 in difference 

Nah... the 1year headstart is all they need.

And the price advantage, if when the scorpio comes out its 200$ more than the PS4 neo, it could effect sales.

leo-j said:
This Xbox 2 announcement has just made e3 irrelevant for me..... like wow why invest in this gen when it ends next year -_-

Its prolonged.

All the same games will play on newer models going forwards.

JRPGfan said:
leo-j said:

They should tho.... either that or up the specs to 6tflops and 16gb of ram, because they will not compete with the Xbox Scorpio in power, it'll almost be like wii-x360 in difference 

Nah... the 1year headstart is all they need.

And the price advantage, if when the scorpio comes out its 200$ more than the PS4 neo, it could effect sales.

leo-j said:

Its prolonged.

All the same games will play on newer models going forwards.

But the gap isn't small it's like saying all ps4 games will be on ps3.... Xbox Scorpio is not an Xbox one .5, that's a nexgen console 

mM

Power is not the end all be all, wii was weaker than the 360, and the 360 was outsold by it. The PS2  was weaker than the OGXB and yet the PS2 out sold it.  PS3 performed worse than the 360 and again the 360 was outsold. It was was not until this gen that PlayStation was more powerful than the XB. If Neo have a 1 year lead over XBS then it's DOA, because all Sony would have to do is wait a few months in 2018 and announce PS5 with more powerful specs and a launch date of fall 2018. What then?

To me there admitting defeat with XboxOne and they're now trying to get an earl toy headstart with this new console. They want word of mouth to spread and hype to begin. To be honest I don't think Xbox will ever beat PlayStation in terms of popularity.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network

I personally think they are both shooting themselves in the foot calling this an upgrade instead of a new generation.In one year time after the release of Scorpio and Neo, I can see the version of the original console versions being far worse and leaving a bad taste in peoples mouth.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nah dude they want to end this gen..... it sucks, but I'm hoping Sony drop neo(or upgrade the hell out of it) and go straight to ps5 for 2017, it's wayyyy to early of an upgrade IMO, but Microsoft doesn't like being beaten

mM

Ms plans mean '' we have the money to make a slim and xbox 2 console with a one year time line
''also we don't care if you don't buy it and wait for xbox 2 we keep born money from window vista'

leo-j said:

Yeah its stupid.They are going to give the XOne a 4 years lifecycle, with having profit on the XOne.For me it makes no sense.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

leo-j said:
teigaga said:
Sony aren't going to cancel the Neo, MS is putting it out there that a new X1 is coming for pple who would otherwise be tempted to go to Neo

Not even close. The proportional difference is pretty much the same as the Xbox One vs PS4 (30% more GPU power 4TF vs 6TF). What developers will do with all of these flops is yet to be seen. No info on CPU's yet, that arguably is a bigger threat. If all Scorpio games run at 60fps that'd be a blow to Neo if it cannot match that. 

We have to remember that PS4 and Xbox are the baseline consoles. Scorpio games are not going to be optimised for 6tflops worth of GPU power til X1 is dead. Take any third party game and look at its Ultra settings on PC, thats a good representation of what you'll generally get on Neo/Scorpio. Take into account many devs may simply choose to throw all that power at 4k, sharper resolution but graphically the same. VR is where the power difference will be most visible.

Regardless, does sony actually want to give up a potential year long headstart? Do they not want to undercut the Scorpio and deliver something combines power with affordibilty. It really shouldn't need saying that power isn't everything. Infact the decision for the Neo not to be powerful enough to easily deliver 4k may result in it having better looking 1080p games upscaled to 4k, whilst Scorpio has native 4k.

IMO things are looking good for both of them, I'm happy their not competing head to head.