By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MASS EFFECT™: ANDROMEDA Official EA Play 2016 Video

Tagged games:

binary solo said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Is that it? Oh and seeing Krogan/Asari there makes me skeptical. I wonder if this new galaxy is just going to use the same races or something.

I'm hoping that Asari is a lost explorer from way back. But it did worry me that right at the time the narrator says "teeming with Alien life and civilisations" we get a shot of a goofy Asari face. OTOH, they maybe don't want to spoil the new civilised species of Andromeda this early. Surely they wouldn't be so crazy as to transplant the Asari as a native species in a whole other galaxy.

The human abberation aside it would be fun if the some of the civilised species in Andromeda were Daelish elves, Qunari and Dwarves, all sci-fi'd up now. Won't happen though. But it would be kinda cool if a Qunari-esque species was there.

It's already been revealed that the Milky Way Galaxy races travelled with you. The ship in Mass Effect Andromeda was essentially a back up plan. Essentially an interstellar Noah's Ark. The races of the Milky Way Galaxy would live on in Andromeda whether or not Shepard stopped the Reapers.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
binary solo said:

I'm hoping that Asari is a lost explorer from way back. But it did worry me that right at the time the narrator says "teeming with Alien life and civilisations" we get a shot of a goofy Asari face. OTOH, they maybe don't want to spoil the new civilised species of Andromeda this early. Surely they wouldn't be so crazy as to transplant the Asari as a native species in a whole other galaxy.

The human abberation aside it would be fun if the some of the civilised species in Andromeda were Daelish elves, Qunari and Dwarves, all sci-fi'd up now. Won't happen though. But it would be kinda cool if a Qunari-esque species was there.

It's already been revealed that the Milky Way Galaxy races travelled with you. The ship in Mass Effect Andromeda was essentially a back up plan. Essentially an interstellar Noah's Ark. The races of the Milky Way Galaxy would live on in Andromeda whether or not Shepard stopped the Reapers.

But not the Vorcha right? We're OK with leaving the Vorcha in the hands of Shepard.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

BasilZero said:

Once woman! 

The rest of the links were other threads i made lmao

The Links didn't show up, so what were you talking about? Are you referring to the notion that Shepard was meant to be a female for the marketing material? If so, I believe that you would be correct on this. It is unfortunate, but BioWare believed that a female being the face of the marketing material would not sell. So they played it safe by using a very typical bald space marine. Yes, it was 100% meant to look generic. Sadly the game sold like crap anyways until later after the sequel came out.

I state marketing material because that is precisely what it is. The canon Shepard is YOUR Shepard. After all the name is "John/Jane Shepard". This translates to "Your name here, The Leader." Or "Commander The Leader". Think of "Link" from the Zelda games. Back in the NES games "Link" was simply a name for the player. To Link the player to the game. Back then it wasn't possible for fully customisable character became so iconic that he became a character. His looks changed a few times, the name stuck. Commander Shepard was no different. As per the fans got to vote on the marketing material for Fem-Shep. Personally I liked the blonde one the best. She looked just like my Fem-Shep :3

binary solo said:

I'm more of a fan of the idea that the Krogan were native to Andromeda and found there way the Milky Way. After all they were once a technologically advanced race. Perhaps maybe they will be in Andromeda. If so, will they be acceptive of us Aliens and our invasion into their Galaxy?

binary solo said:

But not the Vorcha right? We're OK with leaving the Vorcha in the hands of Shepard.

Oh shit! I never thought about this. Poor Vorcha. They always get the shitty end of the stick. Unfortunate people they are.

Darc Requiem said:
Meh...a bunch of CGI and very little game play.

Was there any gameplay?

Lawlight said:
Darc Requiem said:
Meh...a bunch of CGI and very little game play.

Was there any gameplay?

No. The in game shots were from a different camera angle. So no. No gameplay.

Around the Network

God damn it Bioware......this fucking "we'll have more to share later" routine is getting really old really fast. Third year in a row now. I swear if they delay it again I'm gonna lose my mind. Shit or get off the pot already. If you have nothing to show then don't bother showing up, be quiet and go finish the damn game.

Angelus said:
God damn it Bioware......this fucking "we'll have more to share later" routine is getting really old really fast. Third year in a row now. I swear if they delay it again I'm gonna lose my mind. Shit or get off the pot already. If you have nothing to show then don't bother showing up, be quiet and go finish the damn game.

Angelus said:

They're probably going to delay it out of early 2017.

Ka-pi96 said:
Is that it? Oh and seeing Krogan/Asari there makes me skeptical. I wonder if this new galaxy is just going to use the same races or something.

The ship that goes to andromeda doesn't transport only humans. There will also be new alien races, as we have seen in the trailer.

TheGoldenBoy said:
Angelus said:

They're probably going to delay it out of early 2017.

If this is all they have to show, i am pretty sure they are going to delay this to fall 2017.

Actually... Bioware is a bit of a joke at this point. How many years does it take them to make a game. Don't they have at least 2-3 teams? MEA is beeing worked by a newly built team aswell. How long has it been since DAinquisition came out? 2 years? Seriously... this studio has been working at a snails pace.

I thought the trailer looked awesome. Sure, I wanted more, but its pretty clear they are not spoiling the new races too early.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS