By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MASS EFFECT™: ANDROMEDA Official EA Play 2016 Video

Tagged games:

Nem said:

I didnt hear the new game got cancelled though. I know they were doing something new when Casey left. Maybe you are confusing with that other game from Bioware Austing wich would be episodic and online. Shadow realms was it?

That might be the case, I hear "Bioware Cancel game..."

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Nem said:

It's sad to see that Bioware can only make 2 games at the same time with so many teams.

I didnt hear the new game got cancelled though. I know they were doing something new when Casey left. Maybe you are confusing with that other game from Bioware Austin wich would be episodic and online. Shadow realms was it?

3 Games in development plus the SWtoR in Austin. Shadow Realms was cancelled, as were a couple of others, and yes. The games take a long time to develop to achieve the level of quality the games are. With all the different choices the player can make. It take a lot of work to do that. The new IP has been in development for about 4-5 years now. It will also be using some advanced motion capture work. It'll be based on themes, concepts, and settings that you haven't seen in a BioWare game yet.

Let me leave this with you.
“A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.”    
-  Shigeru Miyamoto

I don't see you complaining about the expected long wait times for games like Uncharted, Zelda, Metroid, Elder Scrolls, The Witcher etc etc. Naughty Dog games also have long wait times between games. So does Insomniac and Retro studios. So what's the deal?

Airaku said:
Nem said:

It's sad to see that Bioware can only make 2 games at the same time with so many teams.

I didnt hear the new game got cancelled though. I know they were doing something new when Casey left. Maybe you are confusing with that other game from Bioware Austin wich would be episodic and online. Shadow realms was it?

3 Games in development plus the SWtoR in Austin. Shadow Realms was cancelled, as were a couple of others, and yes. The games take a long time to develop to achieve the level of quality the games are. With all the different choices the player can make. It take a lot of work to do that. The new IP has been in development for about 4-5 years now. It will also be using some advanced motion capture work. It'll be based on themes, concepts, and settings that you haven't seen in a BioWare game yet.

-  Shigeru Miyamoto

I don't see you complaining about the expected long wait times for games like Uncharted, Zelda, Metroid, Elder Scrolls, The Witcher etc etc. Naughty Dog games also have long wait times between games. So does Insomniac and Retro studios. So what's the deal?

I do complain. Its ok to take their time, but its not ok to take 4-5 years. That is not reasonable.

Naughty dog and bethesda make a new game every 2 years. Bioware is simply not efficient enough. They need to work that out.

That new IP from the mass effect team should be coming out already... and we have seen nothing at all about it yet.

JEMC said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

They're probably going to delay it out of early 2017.

Actually, the game was delayed to "early 2017" last month: https://www.engadget.com/2016/05/10/mass-effect-andromeda-early-2017/

I know that. It's why I said it would get delayed out of early 2017. I don't think they're going to hit that release window and it will end up releasing Fall 2017.

Nem said:
Airaku said:

-  Shigeru Miyamoto

I do complain. Its ok to take their time, but its not ok to take 4-5 years. That is not reasonable.

Naughty dog and bethesda make a new game every 2 years. Bioware is simply not efficient enough. They need to work that out.

That new IP from the mass effect team should be coming out already... and we have seen nothing at all about it yet.

Naughty Dog isn't making the same type titles as Bioware. Bethesda doesn't believe in QA. Honestly I wouldn't buy Bethesda titles on consoles at least on PC modders can clean up their messes.

Around the Network
Nem said:

Right now BioWare is absolutely committed to getting Andromeda out the door. A talented team at Edmonton IS helping with the development to push it forward. The quality MUST hit a BioWare standard. Any game that doesn't will be cancelled, as per Shadow Realms, the Mass Effect FPS which was actually absorbed into the ME3 multiplayer and gave birth to it. So yes that cancelled was beneficial. As well as another mysterious title, which could be revisited in the future.

After the launch of Andromeda. BioWare will start talking about the new IP. EA is fully backing BioWare on this and they have their freedom back. EA made a mistake by forcing a "2" at the end of an experimental game in the Dragon Age series. Which was bullshit! It appears EA regretted that big fuck up.

TheGoldenBoy said:
JEMC said:

Actually, the game was delayed to "early 2017" last month: https://www.engadget.com/2016/05/10/mass-effect-andromeda-early-2017/

I know that. It's why I said it would get delayed out of early 2017. I don't think they're going to hit that release window and it will end up releasing Fall 2017.

My bad, I missed that part.

That said, I don't think they will further delay the game. That would seriously piss off some fans of the saga.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Has anyone read the news about the 4 novels that are meant to bridge the divide between the trilogy and Andromeda?

I plan to pick up the first one in August.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Has anyone read the news about the 4 novels that are meant to bridge the divide between the trilogy and Andromeda?

Ya I'm gonna give it a read as well. Right now I'll take whatever Mass Effect I can get lol

Angelus said:
starcraft said:

Ya I'm gonna give it a read as well. Right now I'll take whatever Mass Effect I can get lol

I am exactly the same.

With the delays to Andromeda and the constant 'we're about to show something' followed by *incredibly brief trailer with minute portion of something resembling gameplay* has turned me into an insatiable addict.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS