By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MASS EFFECT™: ANDROMEDA Official EA Play 2016 Video

Tagged games:

Nem said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

They're probably going to delay it out of early 2017.

If this is all they have to show, i am pretty sure they are going to delay this to fall 2017.

Actually... Bioware is a bit of a joke at this point. How many years does it take them to make a game. Don't they have at least 2-3 teams? MEA is beeing worked by a newly built team aswell. How long has it been since DAinquisition came out? 2 years? Seriously... this studio has been working at a snails pace.

Fall 2017 is pretty much what I expect as well. Other early 2017 games are getting gameplay trailers and Mass Effect didn't get shit.

Around the Network

Was it announced for 2016? I don't remember, or I forgot. Anyway while I was watching this trailer I was not thinking about hoping to play the game in 2016, so if they announce 2017 I'm OK with that.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Nem said:

The ship that goes to andromeda doesn't transport only humans. There will also be new alien races, as we have seen in the trailer.

If this is all they have to show, i am pretty sure they are going to delay this to fall 2017.

Actually... Bioware is a bit of a joke at this point. How many years does it take them to make a game. Don't they have at least 2-3 teams? MEA is beeing worked by a newly built team aswell. How long has it been since DAinquisition came out? 2 years? Seriously... this studio has been working at a snails pace.

There better be only new races in it, the few Milky Way races in it should be from the ship only, they are in a completely new galaxy after all.

Yeah, Bioware are an odd lot, but they seem to be rebuilding their games inline with new generation and hopefully quick sequels (I say hopefully). ME1 came out in 2007, then ME2 in 2010 with 3 in 2012. DA:O in 2009, DA2 in 2011, DA:I in 2014 (god, that long ago?), they should be putting finishing touches to the DA:I sequel by now ready for a 2017 release.... right?

You are right, their pace has been slow recently if you consider ME:A has been in development since they finished the DLC of 3, so 4 years. If this is a new team, and DA:I was the DA team, then are they working on another series as well?... wait, I forgot the Star Wars MMO.

Another game to release in the seeming packed 'spring 2017' date range. Me thinks this will go from March to June next year for some reason.

Hmm, pie.

What gameplay ppl want to see? It's Mass Effect lol third person cover shooter.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Honestly games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age should have extended development time. ME3 and DA2 were rushed and it showed. I know the reaction to Inquisition was mixed but you could see difference the extra development time netted.

That said, what concerns me about Andromeda is the number dev team members that have left Bioware during its development. Hopefully it is nothing but it gives me pause.

Around the Network

00:46 I thought it was Appa the first time I saw it.

I was expecting actual gameplay. Oh, well. Like osed125 said, maybe one day we'll see actual gameplay of the game.

TheGoldenBoy said:
Angelus said:
God damn it Bioware......this fucking "we'll have more to share later" routine is getting really old really fast. Third year in a row now. I swear if they delay it again I'm gonna lose my mind. Shit or get off the pot already. If you have nothing to show then don't bother showing up, be quiet and go finish the damn game.

They're probably going to delay it out of early 2017.

Actually, the game was delayed to "early 2017" last month: https://www.engadget.com/2016/05/10/mass-effect-andromeda-early-2017/

OT: All these teasers with little to no new info or gameplay of the game does nothing to increase my hype. In fact, showing so little about the game makes me wonder if they are having troubles to make it work.

Oh, well. At least we got to see the new Mako.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

The Fury said:
Nem said:

The ship that goes to andromeda doesn't transport only humans. There will also be new alien races, as we have seen in the trailer.

There better be only new races in it, the few Milky Way races in it should be from the ship only, they are in a completely new galaxy after all.

Yeah, Bioware are an odd lot, but they seem to be rebuilding their games inline with new generation and hopefully quick sequels (I say hopefully). ME1 came out in 2007, then ME2 in 2010 with 3 in 2012. DA:O in 2009, DA2 in 2011, DA:I in 2014 (god, that long ago?), they should be putting finishing touches to the DA:I sequel by now ready for a 2017 release.... right?

You are right, their pace has been slow recently if you consider ME:A has been in development since they finished the DLC of 3, so 4 years. If this is a new team, and DA:I was the DA team, then are they working on another series as well?... wait, I forgot the Star Wars MMO.

Another game to release in the seeming packed 'spring 2017' date range. Me thinks this will go from March to June next year for some reason.

The MMO is made by Bioware Austin. It doesnt interfere with their console releases.

The team that made the original mass effect though were supposed to be working on a new game for how many years now? We still don't know anything about it.

The new ME is beeing made by the new studio.

The dragon Age team must be smoking something as we have not heard anything about what they are up to.

Nem said:

The MMO is made by Bioware Austin. It doesnt interfere with their console releases.

The team that made the original mass effect though were supposed to be working on a new game for how many years now? We still don't know anything about it.

The dragon Age team must be smoking something as we have not heard anything about what they are up to.

They were working on another game but it got cancelled due to work loads on DA:I and ME:A. DA team should be doing a sequel, it's been nearly 2 years since they finished DA:I and a year since non releasing DLC so should be time to announce the next entry ready for November 2017 maybe.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Nem said:

They were working on another game but it got cancelled due to work loads on DA:I and ME:A. DA team should be doing a sequel, it's been nearly 2 years since they finished DA:I and a year since non releasing DLC so should be time to announce the next entry ready for November 2017 maybe.

It's sad to see that Bioware can only make 2 games at the same time with so many teams.

I didnt hear the new game got cancelled though. I know they were doing something new when Casey left. Maybe you are confusing with that other game from Bioware Austin wich would be episodic and online. Shadow realms was it?