By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bethesda E3 thread- 7 pm PST, 10 pm EST

Very meh.

Around the Network

I thought it was decent. I'm glad it wasn't overly long and didn't drag. I'd give it a 6.5/10.

very strange ups and downs there, the PC getting a mobile phone app in fallout shelter is pretty weak, prey looked fantastic, dishonored I didn't play the first game and that gameplay/graphics for D2 wouldn't drag me in... given that it is 4am here now I'm kinda annoyed I stayed up really, no shocks.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Nuvendil said:

Ok, this ending here REALLY cements how confused E3 is. Is this a press conference or a fan convention? Cause the tone and pace screams press conference. But t-shirt give aways and preshow chit chat and the like are fan convention stuff. They really need to decide on an identity for the show. Personally, I think they should totally make it more fan oriented and opened to the public more. With all these channels like YouTube and Twitch that these companies can use, the press conference is a dying breed.

It's not E3.  E3 hasn't started yet.

4/10 no Morrowind Remaster

Around the Network
pokoko said:
LuckyTrouble said:

"Don't have an opinion and gtfo"

I will kindly take your positively worthless opinion and promptly ignore it. Maybe you should be the one to leave if my harsh words are damaging your delicate sensibilities that much. I'm allowed to judge a presentation on the main stage harshly. By and large, the main stage are where the big publishers present their projects for this year and next. If Bethesda didn't have anything worth putting on the main stage past one game, why did they come on the main stage? It's obvious their presented content is below expectations, and they obviously think they're big enough to take the stage like this.

If they close out with something big and amazing, good on them, but otherwise I'm going to be as harsh about this presentation as all of the others.

No, I'm saying not to go to a Star Wars convention and then bitch that it's all about Star Wars.  It makes you look silly.  Especially when you make up stuff about Bethesda bringing new games "year after year".  Regardless, your complaining is distracting so I'm going to ignore you.

Are you...are you dumb? I'm judging it as an E3 main stage presentation. Nothing more, nothing less.

And yes, Bethesda has hit a point where, as a developer and a publisher, they can bring at least one big new project to the table each year, and they've done a relatively good job balancing new entries into existing IPs with new IP to create a steady stream of content. That's why they have started taking the main stage. They have shown they are at the right size to produce content at a rate where they can take a main presentation slot at E3 and have it mean something.

That is not the case this year, and I'm sorry that you are apparently so enamored with the company that you feel the need to make excuses for them. They disappointed. They showed some cool stuff, but overall, they disappointed as an E3 presentation.  The fact that you are viewing this as something other than an E3 presention when they are hashtagging it #be3 is probably the most mysterious thing here. You get nothing from white knighting for a freaking company.

User was moderated for this post

-Super_Boom

pokoko said:
Nuvendil said:

Ok, this ending here REALLY cements how confused E3 is. Is this a press conference or a fan convention? Cause the tone and pace screams press conference. But t-shirt give aways and preshow chit chat and the like are fan convention stuff. They really need to decide on an identity for the show. Personally, I think they should totally make it more fan oriented and opened to the public more. With all these channels like YouTube and Twitch that these companies can use, the press conference is a dying breed.

Technically no, but it is in all but name.  And E3's official conferences will be largely the same.  Structured for fans but fans aren't allowed in.  Except maybe Square if they do it like last year.  

pokoko said:
Nuvendil said:

E3 has started, but sure, keep making excuses for Bethesda and apparently even E3 now. But no, EA already did their E3 presentation, but that totally wasn't E3. It was...uh...you know, not E3 but at E3 but still not E3. Ya know? Believe it or not, E3 is not defined by the first presentation between Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo.

Two new games (Quake and Prey) plus getting to know that Doom and Fallout 4 will come out in VR, I think it was a great conference.

Tagging the thread, despite not watching it live :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]