By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Slim Image Revealed - 40% Smaller!

I don't think I can justify buying another PS4 just for the upgrade, but I don't even have an xbox1 yet... this might be an option :)

Around the Network

Wow they managed to make it smaller and keep the disc drive (unless I'm mistaken).

Fei-Hung said:
Wow they managed to make it smaller and keep the disc drive (unless I'm mistaken).

Internal power brick too apparently.

Woah, now that's slim.

Carl2291 said:
Fei-Hung said:

Internal power brick too apparently.

Took them long enough, but this is something always welcomed!

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
FIT_Gamer said:
So it only has one USB port. Or is there also one on the side?

Why do you say that? The current Xbox one doesn't have any USB on the front.

Yep, I forgot they were on the back. Probably moved the one from the side to front for better access when vertical.

4k Video content so, but... is that coming from a upgrade or just software based, if so can the original X1 models do the same?

Also is there a version packed with Kinect 2.0? or is that just abandoned completely now?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

hinch said:

Cool. Big improvement over the current model.

Wonder how big it is compared to PS4...

Assuming the 40% reduction is in volume (which is how they usually describe a size reduction),  the Xb1 slim is still larger than the Ps4, 0.0044m3 (PS4) to 0.0052m3 (Xb1 Slim). At least it's got an internal power supply now, so that's a big improvement. 

BraLoD said:
Vertically it looks way better, but it's still a big square box XP

You hate squares?

Damn you Microsoft. That's a sexy console. But there's no way I can justify buying a new Xbox :(