By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony confirms existence of PS4 Neo, not at E3

poklane said:

So, what already released games does everyone hope get an upgrade? Personal list:

• inFAMOUS: Second Son & First Light - 60FPS (currently 30FPS)
  • Uncharted 4 - full 1080p/60FPS (currently 1080p/30FPS in SP and 900p/60FPS in MP)
  • Driveclub - 60FPS (currently 30FPS)
  • Grand Theft Auto V - 60FPS (currently 30FPS)

Ratchet & Clank - 60 FPS (not that I was one of the ones whining about 30fps, didn't really notice, but why not)

Around the Network

It was sure as hell that PS4K was a real thing after so many rumors and reports.
Now the only question which remains is what is PS4K and how does it work?
Imagine that Sony is doing a hybrid thing like Nintendo and will make a fusion between PS4 and PS Vita which supports Playstation VR... xD

Teeqoz said:
poklane said:

So, what already released games does everyone hope get an upgrade? Personal list:

• inFAMOUS: Second Son & First Light - 60FPS (currently 30FPS)
  • Uncharted 4 - full 1080p/60FPS (currently 1080p/30FPS in SP and 900p/60FPS in MP)
  • Driveclub - 60FPS (currently 30FPS)
  • Grand Theft Auto V - 60FPS (currently 30FPS)

Ratchet & Clank - 60 FPS (not that I was one of the ones whining about 30fps, didn't really notice, but why not)

Bloodborne - Stable 60 FPS @ 1080p

So, there are not going to be exclusives for PS4 Neo (Although I think it's not impossible for Sony to change their mind) but since it's a more powerful console, there are going to be a lot of new games that "Runs better on Neo"...

It's like a new console rather than just a upgrade after all. At least on my mind.

confirming the Neo is an idiot move. people will hold out on buying PS4's to wait and see what the neo has to offer.

Around the Network

I hope this doesn't take too much attention from what really matters, the games.

Don't copy random editorials.

They are waiting till NX announcement.

bananaking21 said:
confirming the Neo is an idiot move. people will hold out on buying PS4's to wait and see what the neo has to offer.

It is all that they can do to save the show from people complaining. PS4 will drop price and is aimed at mass market. Neo is a high-end / performance product.

bananaking21 said:

I agree with you, I think Sony needs to announce what NEO is ASAP, and not only confirm the rumors, I think we are left with more questions than answers.

Let's rock... AND RIDE!!!

Interesting, I'm glad in a way as it means the focus on the conference is games and they're not spending time explaining Neo and it's importance. Risky, to annouce something without any solid details, then go quiet while still expecting people to cotinue to buy your hardware, despite them knowing there is a better version coming. If they're waiting for MS and just wanted to get out ahead of them, maybe I get that, but surely you want to be showing off specs and pricing. Could they be pushing even higher specs given the rumours that MS is aiming for higher specs with Scorpio. But without details, all you're doing is adding to the confusion.

In either case hopefully this means that everything shown at E3 is on the standard PS4, and hopefully they reiterate this. Very interested to see how this plays out over E3 and in the coming months for PS4 and very interested to see if they announce a price cut.

Don't ruin the moment

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PC/PS4), Dead Cells (PC)

LordyPlays on YouTube