By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 5 sold 5 million in 3 months!

5m is exactly what I thought the game was sitting on months ago if we included digital sales. With Halo 5 coming to PC (Rumours) and the amazing MP support that 343 keep delivering on. Halo 5 will no doubt hit 7m+ in its life time. Halo 6 is a long way off still so there really isn't a reason Halo 5 will stop selling anytime soon. PC + X1 versions could exceed up to 10m as a good possibility, I wouldn’t put that past a good Halo game.

Just wanted to add. People seem to be taking these type of things way to seriously. There’s a lot of down playing in these type of threads. Regardless if you want to justify sales to a T. 5m are great numbers for any game. I know there are many in here wanting Halo to be unsuccessfully, I’m sure they were wishing that back in 2000. Halo is a great franchise and 5m and possibly end with a good 7m on X1 alone is quite an achievement since many gamers are boycotting the X1, due to hate and unknown reasons. I will say "Well done Halo 5 for putting the haters to rest, Keep up the good work. 5m are great numbers and I’ll be looking forward to playing Halo 6 in 1 to 2 years’ time."

Halo doesnt seem like a dead franchise now, does it.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:

5m is exactly what I thought the game was sitting on months ago if we included digital sales. With Halo 5 coming to PC (Rumours) and the amazing MP support that 343 keep delivering on. Halo 5 will no doubt hit 7m+ in its life time. Halo 6 is a long way off still so there really isn't a reason Halo 5 will stop selling anytime soon. PC + X1 versions could exceed up to 10m as a good possibility, I wouldn’t put that past a good Halo game.

Just wanted to add. People seem to be taking these type of things way to seriously. There’s a lot of down playing in these type of threads. Regardless if you want to justify sales to a T. 5m are great numbers for any game. I know there are many in here wanting Halo to be unsuccessfully, I’m sure they were wishing that back in 2000. Halo is a great franchise and 5m and possibly end with a good 7m on X1 alone is quite an achievement since many gamers are boycotting the X1, due to hate and unknown reasons. I will say "Well done Halo 5 for putting the haters to rest, Keep up the good work. 5m are great numbers and I’ll be looking forward to playing Halo 6 in 1 to 2 years’ time."

It will hit more than 7 million life time.

Still the best FPS

Snoopy said:
Azzanation said:

It will hit more than 7 million life time.

If 343i manage to pull out Warzone Firefight flawlessly the sales will definitely pick up again.

Halo wins fatality, lol

Around the Network

Halo 5 was just missing in action :)

Proud to be a Californian.

Jranation said:
Zappykins said:
So it sold over a million digitally?

But 'gamers always want to hold their physical copy and will never go digital. '

Twirls and throws some 'told you so' sparks politely. As went music and video, so goes gaming.

I think if people's favourite franchises goes to only digital format them im sure most of them would follow. I for one don't wanna mis it just because i can't get it physically. 

Sure, I'm not saying that at all.  I'm saying, given a choice, people will often chose digital.  Which is bad for game stores, but I think probably better for the envirnment and publishers. 

I personaly like having fewer physical things to store.  I try to use the library all that time, rather than buying stuff I will only watch or reach once, then have to store.  It's just another way we are shifting in the Digital Age.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
Jranation said:

I think if people's favourite franchises goes to only digital format them im sure most of them would follow. I for one don't wanna mis it just because i can't get it physically. 

Sure, I'm not saying that at all.  I'm saying, given a choice, people will often chose digital.  Which is bad for game stores, but I think probably better for the envirnment and publishers. 

I personaly like having fewer physical things to store.  I try to use the library all that time, rather than buying stuff I will only watch or reach once, then have to store.  It's just another way we are shifting in the Digital Age.

Ah I see. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Post Removed - Zekkyou

Post Removed - Zekkyou