By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 5 sold 5 million in 3 months!

naruball said:
DonFerrari said:
Funny seeing some people saying those are very great numbers when months back they were basically expecting the double of it, and made several threads to say the numbers we had were a lot lower than reality... how quick are we to forget. Don't remember anyone of those guys saying 5M would be a success (and that is shipped, with no clear way to define the total sales number).

Oh come one. Did anyone expect it to sell 10m already? That's just crazy. Any links to posts that such claims were made?

Are you going to pretend you didn't see a lot of guys that are here defending how good the game did and before didn't put it close to 10M expectation?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
AsGryffynn said:
Teeqoz said:

Lol, based on what? Since when did publishers stop including digital in their shiped numbers?

Since forever? 

No....

DonFerrari said:
naruball said:

Oh come one. Did anyone expect it to sell 10m already? That's just crazy. Any links to posts that such claims were made?

Are you going to pretend you didn't see a lot of guys that are here defending how good the game did and before didn't put it close to 10M expectation?

Who are they?

Goatseye said:
DonFerrari said:

Who are they?

Sorry but we aren't allowed by forum rules to bring and name what happened in other threads. We can at most say what happened, so I won't bite.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Goatseye said:

Who are they?

Sorry but we aren't allowed by forum rules to bring and name what happened in other threads. We can at most say what happened, so I won't bite.

You don't need to bite anything, I'm fishing tomorrow not today. I didn't see anyone saying 10 million copies sold here, i wish you could back this upt with a thread link so your claim wouldn't be more than an anecdote.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
naruball said:

There's a massive difference between people saying that the game was doing well and expecting 10m in a few months. I seriously doubt a serious member ever made such a claim.

DonFerrari said:
Goatseye said:

Who are they?

As long as this long list of people youre referring to have already posted in this thread, youre fine to mention them by name. Otherwise youre just trolling, spreading BS without backing it up.

Goatseye said:
DonFerrari said:

You don't need to bite anything, I'm fishing tomorrow not today. I didn't see anyone saying 10 million copies sold here, i wish you could back this upt with a thread link so your claim wouldn't be more than an anecdote.

Here there were just one person saying over 10M (12M actually). What I'm saying is that like a year+ ago there were multiple users saying the game would sell 10M and now are saying 5M is fantastic. And with our great search system you know giving a precise link wouldn't be feasible. If you want to dismiss and say 10M or on the vicinity wasn't a common expectation for a great number of users them ok you can.

naruball said:
DonFerrari said:

There's a massive difference between people saying that the game was doing well and expecting 10m in a few months. I seriously doubt a serious member ever made such a claim.

You can doubt all you want, but if you want to go back to the threads like the UC4  vs H5 you would see several instances of people expecting UC4 to not cross 8M and H5 to cross 10M.

DonFerrari said:

You can doubt all you want, but if you want to go back to the threads like the UC4  vs H5 you would see several instances of people expecting UC4 to not cross 8M and H5 to cross 10M.

Weren't these people all talking about LT sales?  Still way too early to judge LT sales for either game, especially UC4.

Why does the title say in 7 months? those numbers were in 3 months. Not 7.