By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - May 30th - June 5th

Nintendo you need something quick... actually even more than something!

Switch!!!

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Why does the 3DS LL sales just say 'Hundred'? Why not 100? Besides that 'Hundred' by itself isn't used for 100 anyway. You need either 'A hundred' or 'One hundred'.

Welcome to Google Translate :p

Might as well share the maths I did on GAF:

[PS3 + PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes - 102,939 / 697,689 (-83%)
[PS3 + PS4 + PSV] Dragon Quest Heroes II - 107,366 / 481,224 (-71%)

(I think).

Hey, it's not much and the absolute numbers still are a drop, but it's still something positive at this time of year.

The NX can't come soon enough. The 3DS and all its models are quickly reaching saturation point, and the WiiU can't grow due to shortages. Nintendo really need the NX on the market FAST. At least its software is as strong as always. How many times can they buy Animal Crossing there!?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Famitsu up

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

Might as well share the maths I did on GAF:

[PS3 + PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes - 102,939 / 697,689 (-83%)
[PS3 + PS4 + PSV] Dragon Quest Heroes II - 107,366 / 481,224 (-71%)

(I think).

Hey, it's not much and the absolute numbers still are a drop, but it's still something positive at this time of year.

Have to believe that any Musou or RPG with a 1st drop of less than 80% is a big win.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Darwinianevolution said:
The NX can't come soon. The 3DS and all its models are quickly reaching saturation point, and the WiiU can't grow due to shortages. Nintendo really need the NX on the market FAST. At least its software is as strong as always. How many times can they buy Animal Crossing there!?

What's stopping it?

naruball said:
Darwinianevolution said:
The NX can't come soon. The 3DS and all its models are quickly reaching saturation point, and the WiiU can't grow due to shortages. Nintendo really need the NX on the market FAST. At least its software is as strong as always. How many times can they buy Animal Crossing there!?

What's stopping it?

Dammit, I meant to say "Can't come soon enough" XD

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:

3DS sells almost like last year! Last year same week it had sold 17k, this year 1k less. ( By the end of the 2015 it had sold 2.4m )

You and many others here, make the mistake to judge 3ds from one of the slowest sales period of Japan... Wait for a significant  sales period, before come into such a conclusion/to  appraise 3ds perfomance.  I

if it was valid and  indicative for a product like 3ds to jugde from this period, NX should have been already released  because 3ds was selling the same amount last year, same time frame ( but sold 2.4m in the end ) .

In addition, 3ds is not  reaching saturation point, because it has already reached it since 2015 or even  by the end of 2014...

As for the wii u, It's not exactly  shortages anymore, more like supply constraining ( shortages are when you adequately stock a product and this sells way more than your expectations, so you left with insufficient stock / stock not congruent with the size of demand ) Nintendo isn't stocking it after the huge holidays ( they might have  ran out of manufactured wii u in Japan, due to wii u selling x2.5 of their expectations on holidays )! If you compare shipments total as of March 31th with sales you will see that there wasn't any wii u on the shelves! Since then, wii u sells steadily 4k even after NX news, which may  imply that Nintendo's ships 4k every week and that sells-out.   Let's see if they will replenish the shelves with the upcoming splatoon bundle....

P.s

If 3ds ends up with 1.5-1.8m by the end of the  year, will you still say the same?

Wow everything with a nice hold this week!
Expected a bigger drop for PS4, PS Vita and Dragon Quest Heroes 2. So this week is definitely nice!