By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you Married, dating, single or...other?

I'm...

Married. 213 20.44%

Engaged. 50 4.80%

Dating (long term) 121 11.61%

Dating (Short term) 40 3.84%

In a polygamous, polyamar... 22 2.11%

Single. 543 52.11%

Other....in comments. 53 5.09%

Total:1,042

Forever alone ftw!

Around the Network

Married almost 4 years now. We have been together for almost 11.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Ganoncrotch said:
JustcallmeRiff said:
Next year will be my silver wedding anniversary. 25 years.

At 43 that would mean you married at 18, you've been married for longer than you weren't, that's impressive hope it's still just as nice as when you guys first met :)

After this long , the best and worst times in my life she has been there. We have seen everything each other has good and bad. There nothing we can't do or get through together. I will never be single again, statistically I will die before  her.

Ganoncrotch said:
Shiken said:

I was married till two days ago, when my wife told me she is not happy and wants to split. So now I am separated and alone...

Were ye together for long? you're still under 30 so you got loads of time left to find someone else or to just find yourself and be happy that way, better to split from someone like that than spend yer whole lives together resenting each other imo.

You'll be better from this down the line, just gonna hurt a bit right now.

Oh I know.  Been married two years and together four.  It does hurt and I really thought we could make it work, but we are indeed two different people.  We fell in love with how we treated eachother, not who we were and that is the problem.

Does not make it sting any less, but it is for the best long term.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Been engaged for a year now, getting married next summer

Around the Network

Divorced my first wife.

Been engaged to my fiancé 4 1/2 years. Been together for 7 1/2 total.

Met on PlayStation home. She's from ny. Me from Texas. Long distance for four years with visits in between. Now living together since 2013.

Couldn't live without her.

Metallox said:
The institution of marriage is slowly dying

I don't think that's true.

It may no longer be as widely seen as an essential prerequisite for sex or a serious relationship, (which isn't a bad thing in my opinion) but it's certainly in no danger of disappearing.

Shiken said:

I was married till two days ago, when my wife told me she is not happy and wants to split. So now I am separated and alone...

Shit, sorry to hear dude. I know this probably won't help, it's usually better to be single than stuck in a relationship that just isn't working for you. It sucks in the short term, but hang in there.

In a long term relationship for 5.5 years at this stage. She is starting to hint at a ring but I won't worry about that until next year at least

Also, the amount of single people voting is frightening. 

maverick40 said:

Also, the amount of single people voting is frightening. 

Well, this is a video game forum. ;)

Single.