By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu polls Japan for their top 10 most memorable games per console

KLAMarine said:
Boutros said:
Nier lol awesome.

And only MGS2 missing T.T

Too much Raiden maybe?

That was mostly a western issue I think.

Around the Network

Kotaku, Kotaku... there's no Ghosts 'n Goblins on the Mega Drive, it's Ghouls 'n Ghosts.

bunchanumbers said:
The real shocker? Bayonetta 2 is number 3 on the Wii U list. I thought Japan hated Bayo.

It's blatantly obvious that this list is not representative of all Japanese gamers, only a very small dedicated group, the likes of which are dedicated Famitsu readers.

Interesting. Definitely a lot of great games.

No Minecraft on Vita though. Wut?

Ruler said:

Now ask the western audience:

fifa, madden, call of duty, gta, fifa, call of duty 

Westerners love quality titles, what can you say? Oh you forgot Rocket League, Minecraft, Fallout, Forza, Gears, Dota, LOL, Mortal Kombat, etc...

Around the Network

Too much square-enix.

Slarvax said:

Are you kidding me? Wind Waker HD? Ugh. It's a great game, don't get me wrong. But the 8th most memorable game of the Wii U is... a remake. We/they should eliminate remakes from this type of lists.

I don't get all these outrages at the lists.  It's a snapshot of dedicated Japanese gaming users.  They like what they like, and if a remake is memorable that's a testiment to the game itself (same with Persona 4 I'd say).

Xbox One

10. Call of Duty: Ghosts - 32 votes

9. Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - 45 votes

8. The Witcher 3 - 54 votes

7. Tom Clancy’s The Division - 60 votes

6. Chaos;Child - 63 votes

5. Dead Rising 3 - 74 votes

4. Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain - 82 votes

3. Rise of the Tomb Raider - 84 votes

2. Halo 5: Guardians - 93 votes

1. Titanfall - 106 votes

this thing is fake! Almost 700 X1 users in japan ?! It's impossible to have this many X1 users in Japan!! /S

The PS2 list probably hotly contested, too much to choose from. I like how FF3, 5, 7 & 10 dominated their respective FF gens, but 13? Seriously Japan? Crying tears of blood here...

Jranation said:
Kimda surprised at some of them if we translate it into their sales..... XD lol

But!
2. Professor Layton and the Curious Village - 168 votes

1. Splatoon - 556 votes

Yaaaaaaassssss to these!!!!!!

The fact that they didn't forget rhythm heaven makes me satisfied.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.