By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu polls Japan for their top 10 most memorable games per console

A shame FFVIII is so low. But with two other Final Fantasy in the same list, it is hard to rack up points. Just shows how dominant those 3 FF were in Japan.

Around the Network

So funny how it shows how generally opposite my tastes are to what the Japanese market likes. The vast majority of the games are boring RPGs and Nintendo franchises, with just a few that I consider truly great games scattered about. Not that I needed more proof of this, but it's just funny to see.

Disappointed in the lack of Paper Mario: TTYD for Gamecube.
Very happy to see Persona 3 above 4 on the PS2 list (Even though 4 didn't even make it)

I Love Playstation, but my uncle works at Nintendo.

Boutros said:
Wait they didn't vote for Super Mario 3D Land and A Link Between Worlds?? But Animal Crossing #1 -.-

Maybe it's because AC has been able to reach out to broader audiences. Nintendo did mention that a big chunk of the audience for AC is female. Doesn't hurt that the lead of the AC team is female, Aya Kyogoku. AC is popular so kudos to the franchise for taking a big step amongst the A and B tier Nintendo franchises like FE.

Boutros said:
Wait they didn't vote for Super Mario 3D Land and A Link Between Worlds?? But Animal Crossing #1 -.-

Animal Crossing is really big there. Most kids and even adults and parents played this. I knew a whole lot of people who were into AC. Zelda I have a feeling isn't that popular over there, only have met a few people who actually knew and liked the series.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Square Enix used to be the boss. Still pretty influential last gen as well.

Also, Ace Attorney #2 on GBA. Color me surprised (in a good way).

Ruler said:

Now ask the western audience:

fifa, madden, call of duty, gta, fifa, call of duty 

That's a lot of generalisation, andif we go by what's popular this list would have been more homogenous.

A popular game may not be a favourite.

IDOLxISxDEAD said:
So funny how it shows how generally opposite my tastes are to what the Japanese market likes. The vast majority of the games are boring RPGs and Nintendo franchises, with just a few that I consider truly great games scattered about. Not that I needed more proof of this, but it's just funny to see.

So what is this opposite taste of games you have? 

Dragon Quest IX at #1 for NDS! Most of my picks for the GameCube, Wii and Wii U are there too so that's nice :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]