By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One price dropped to $299

Tagged games:

Blester said:

I think given their position at this point, they should try to reduce the price point so they can get rid of their stock and recover something of what they have invested rather than not selling anything at all and losing that potential money.

Uh what, Wii Us are still selling. A terribly low amount sure, but not zero, so all they'd have to do is stop making them and stock will eventually be cleared. I've bet they've already greatly slowed production to barely meeting what little demand there is. They wont recover anything selling at a loss that's for sure.

Around the Network

Xbox slim inbound.

HokageTenshi said:

confirmed X1 Slim upcoming

The chances you are wrong are SLIM ;P

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Guitarguy said:
Wow, pretty big drop. Wonder what Sony will do. Chances are they(Sony) will leave the price the same in Europe and outside North America.

Why should they do anything? the PS4 is the stronger hardware, the Price of the Xbox One now is what it always should have been when Sony dropped to 350

Kerotan said:
HylianYoshi said:
Now they don't have to keep announcing "temporary" price cuts every 9 minutes.

Lol I don't think I've ever seen a comsole get discounted this much over its first 2+ years.  Maybe the dreamcast but as we all know that was never sustainable.   

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Price_cuts

Lol PS3 http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Price_cuts

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Blester said:

I think given their position at this point, they should try to reduce the price point so they can get rid of their stock and recover something of what they have invested rather than not selling anything at all and losing that potential money.

Uh what, Wii Us are still selling. A terribly low amount sure, but not zero, so all they'd have to do is stop making them and stock will eventually be cleared. I've bet they've already greatly slowed production to barely meeting what little demand there is. They wont recover anything selling at a loss that's for sure.

Cut €50 from the price of a console which isn't selling, person who buys it is going to most likely buy a Nintendo Brand game for €50 which otherwise wouldn't have been sold without the price drop, instantly negates the "loss" on the systems sale.

On topic... this is odd timing for a price cut, I doubt many people will be jumping in and buying a console in the lead up to E3 announcements, if there is the chances of a slim on the way in then all this will do is a price cut to a system at a time when people are generally not as likely to want to buy it anyway, poor timing imo but we'll see what happens when MS hits the floor at E3, I'm sure they've got a good plan up their sleaves.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Kerotan said:

MS getting so low puts pressure on Nintendo.

No, it doesn't. Nintendo is already ramping down production of Wii U (shipment forcast down 75% YoY) and plan on replacing it less than a year from now and has very little software to look forward to going forward.

An XBO price cut (to a price that is has been multiple times in the last 6 months) is going to make little to no difference in Wii U sales.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

$199 slim?

zorg1000 said:
Kerotan said:

MS getting so low puts pressure on Nintendo.

No, it doesn't. Nintendo is already ramping down production of Wii U (shipment forcast down 75% YoY) and plan on replacing it less than a year from now and has very little software to look forward to going forward.

An XBO price cut (to a price that is has been multiple times in the last 6 months) is going to make little to no difference in Wii U sales.

I'm not talking about the Wii U.  I'm talking about the NX.  By the time it comes out the competition will be even cheaper 

Waste of time, PS4 has already won this gen.