By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One price dropped to $299

Tagged games:

Zeroroute said:
Blester said:
Meanwhile, the Wii U cost as much as an Xbox One... Microsoft is run by idiots.

Fixed. Unlike Nintendo and Sony, all of it's first party games are multiplat if you throw windows 10 in (leave the negativity of the OS in another thread)

If MS were idiots they wouldn't be one of the richest companies in the world, also what Leadified said.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network
Vasto said:

$199 slim?

A slim is what some say is the reason for the price cut but it's surprising they announced it now instead of waiting for E3 as for the $200 price tag I could see it happening this holiday, so I think this isn't a waste of time.

Proud to be a Californian.

Ganoncrotch said:

Cut €50 from the price of a console which isn't selling, person who buys it is going to most likely buy a Nintendo Brand game for €50 which otherwise wouldn't have been sold without the price drop, instantly negates the "loss" on the systems sale.

That's the flaw here, assuming a price drop, especially a small one with no major game release to coincide with and with NX on the horizon, is going to significantly increase sales. Kart and Smash couldn't even do that so it's pretty safe to say nothing else will either certainly not at this point. All a price drop would do is maybe a small hardware sales bump on it's first week, but then it's back to 30k per week, except now they earn less money per Wii U sold, not a wise move. 

There has been sales for that price already so nothing too surprising

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

When a Company drops the price to many times, it's actually a clear warning: Don't buy this.
It's actually not good that they are doing this, this is all price-Market war and it never end up well if other companies are forced to lower their prices as well to compete, they make less money, loose profit's and some can even go bankrupt over this.. I have actually feared this since the first time they dropped the price! ''Please don't make a price-war out of this ''

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Around the Network

Still waiting for the mini and/or Scorpio.

Baryonyx said:
When a Company drops the price to many times, it's actually a clear warning: Don't buy this.
It's actually not good that they are doing this, this is all price-Market war and it never end up well if other companies are forced to lower their prices as well to compete, they make less money, loose profit's and some can even go bankrupt over this.. I have actually feared this since the first time they dropped the price! ''Please don't make a price-war out of this ''

Sony would sooner lose Christmas than to get into an all out price war.

The PS5 Exists. 

Ya know I was thinking something with this new offer... if MS is trying to do it to make a few sales before E3 and the launch of a new reveal of new shiny hardware, what kind of buyer does this make anyone who has been on the edge about buying an X1 since launch? you're already talking about someone who isn't fully confident to invest money in the system and then this offer comes with the potential of just 2 weeks of ownership before a massive dose of buyers remorse with E3...

I just think if anyone does buy in now and gets stung like that, they most certainly wont be a happy gamer or likely to support a future system or release. Just my budget gamer logic at play here, might mean far less for others of course buying a replaced model for slightly less.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

So that means The slim will cost less than 299 right? is possible to see xboxslim @199? so MS say a huge goodbye to one and welcome the Xtwo? maybe will see

Baryonyx said:

Again, I'll say PS3 did this and it remained a great console. M$ is getting their ass stomped in sales and an official price drop isn't going to change that. Maybe they've lowered manufacturing costs or something. We don't know. The XBO has been $300 many times before and we don't know what they have placed in terms of newer, better models.

As good or as bad as the XBO may be, there's always going to be a group that won't buy a gaming console until it hits that "sweet spot" in price. Sony has managed to sell incredibly well at $399 but for M$, $500 (with Kinect) was a bad move and the sooner they can get the Xbox One down to a more consumer friendly price, the better.

I guess.