By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One price dropped to $299

Tagged games:

ABTR said:
So that means The slim will cost less than 299 right? is possible to see xboxslim @199? so MS say a huge goodbye to one and welcome the Xtwo? maybe will see

My guess would be 249$.

At a 100$ differnce between it and the PS4, it ll sell enough to put up a good fight.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Baryonyx said:
When a Company drops the price to many times, it's actually a clear warning: Don't buy this.
It's actually not good that they are doing this, this is all price-Market war and it never end up well if other companies are forced to lower their prices as well to compete, they make less money, loose profit's and some can even go bankrupt over this.. I have actually feared this since the first time they dropped the price! ''Please don't make a price-war out of this ''

Again, I'll say PS3 did this and it remained a great console. M$ is getting their ass stomped in sales and an official price drop isn't going to change that. Maybe they've lowered manufacturing costs or something. We don't know. The XBO has been $300 many times before and we don't know what they have placed in terms of newer, better models.

As good or as bad as the XBO may be, there's always going to be a group that won't buy a gaming console until it hits that "sweet spot" in price. Sony has managed to sell incredibly well at $399 but for M$, $500 (with Kinect) was a bad move and the sooner they can get the Xbox One down to a more consumer friendly price, the better.

I guess.

I actually agree with him and said and thought the same thing he just said on the very first price cut/free goodies.  It was so short after launching it came off strange and while I can't prove it I think it can negatively impact brand perception in people's mind.   

Who knows if it did but I had that thought when this started which was what, around titanfall?  

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Wasn't this price already effective for almost a year?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

More or less yeah, some retailers were doing bundles of games, I think in the article about this cut on the front page someone mentioned a $309 deal for a 1TB X1 along with an extra controller and about 3-4 games with it so yeah... I'm not sure this is going to make too many people "Jump in"

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
DonFerrari said:

More or less yeah, some retailers were doing bundles of games, I think in the article about this cut on the front page someone mentioned a $309 deal for a 1TB X1 along with an extra controller and about 3-4 games with it so yeah... I'm not sure this is going to make too many people "Jump in"

The only people I see jumping to it is the ones that don't research... they had 400 or 350 official pricetag on their mind (never seeing that even outside of BF there were multiple instances of buying X1 for less or "effective less" than 300,00) and now with official price at 300,00 they will be aware and buy. Or that with official pricetag at 300 there are more room for even more aggressive bundles... but all that won't really put a dent in PS4 lead.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Ganoncrotch said:

The only people I see jumping to it is the ones that don't research... they had 400 or 350 official pricetag on their mind (never seeing that even outside of BF there were multiple instances of buying X1 for less or "effective less" than 300,00) and now with official price at 300,00 they will be aware and buy. Or that with official pricetag at 300 there are more room for even more aggressive bundles... but all that won't really put a dent in PS4 lead.

I think anyone who pays attention could have gotten a better deal this year ultimately.  Amazon just ran a crazy deal where they gave away 5 games, a controller and a gift card or something didn't they?

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Lrdfancypants said:
DonFerrari said:

I think anyone who pays attention could have gotten a better deal this year ultimately.  Amazon just ran a crazy deal where they gave away 5 games, a controller and a gift card or something didn't they?

If I were in USA I would probably took that bait.

d21lewis said:
Baryonyx said:
When a Company drops the price to many times, it's actually a clear warning: Don't buy this.
It's actually not good that they are doing this, this is all price-Market war and it never end up well if other companies are forced to lower their prices as well to compete, they make less money, loose profit's and some can even go bankrupt over this.. I have actually feared this since the first time they dropped the price! ''Please don't make a price-war out of this ''

Again, I'll say PS3 did this and it remained a great console. M$ is getting their ass stomped in sales and an official price drop isn't going to change that. Maybe they've lowered manufacturing costs or something. We don't know. The XBO has been $300 many times before and we don't know what they have placed in terms of newer, better models.

As good or as bad as the XBO may be, there's always going to be a group that won't buy a gaming console until it hits that "sweet spot" in price. Sony has managed to sell incredibly well at $399 but for M$, $500 (with Kinect) was a bad move and the sooner they can get the Xbox One down to a more consumer friendly price, the better.

I guess.

Yes, when it cost as much as the 360 did right before the Xb1 launch, i say that is very consumer friendly. I still don't trust it, and so far based on everything MS have done the last two years, with PC and all that, cancelations of 2 games within 2 month's.. Yeah, you know... All the warnings we have had so far, there are so many now, it's hard for me to actually trust my money on it.. Also since they are now forcing people to upgrade to Win10 with a some sort of Virus, upgrading it when we are not even homer. They have worked hard for our trust! I do not want this to happen at all, but as long as the warning bells are up and singing, i will wait it out like i did with the Ps3, didn't regret it, i didn't have to deal with all the BS for the first years on a piece of shit i paid 600$ for.

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

I hope this does some good to the console.

GameAnalyser said:
I hope this does some good to the console.

It wont.

Xbox One has had so many deals that lowered the price to around 299$, or came with value (extra stuff) that put it well below 299$.

I dont think the impact will be very noticeable.