By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U lost out on a lot more than just Zelda

Yerm said:

1. No 3D mario platofrmer. We got 3D World but that was an experimental type mario game that mixed elements of 2D and 3D gameplay. it didnt count and don tell me it did. it was not Sunshine 2, it was not Galaxy 3, it was something nobody wanted.

While Mario 3D may have been a sequel to a 3DS game, at least it wasn't garbage like Mario Sunshine. Mario Sunshine wasn't a real 3D Mario game either, it was a sequel to Luigi's Mansion, and that's why Nintendo didn't put much effort into it.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

F-Zero U would have been amazing on the Wii U much like Mario Kart 8 was amazing on Wii U. A 3D Donkey Kong would have been more widely received(in my opinion) than Tropical Freeze(even though it is considered a great game by many).

it also has really great games

Thank God 3DWorld is not Sunshine xD. I'm angry with Nintendo, though it has more to do with the crappy support this year, and the delay of ZeldaU. They might lose a costumer because of that. They won't care apparently xD.

Darwinianevolution said:

1. Technically 3D World is a real 3D platformer. It's just not a collectathon-like 64 or Galaxy.

2. Aren't really all Mario Party different from each other? That would be like saying a Final Fantasy is not a Final Fantasy anymore if they make it action RPG instead of traditional RPG.

3,4,5,6. The only home console that got real Pokemon games was the Gamecube, all of the other Pokemon games are on handhelds. Can't argue with the others, though.

7. Agree. Just the backlog of the DS-Wii (the two biggest libraries ever on Nintendo systems) should have been enough to keep the system going for a long time, and the lack of a GC VC when we have that GC adapter is really dumb. The lack of a DS VC on the 3DS is unforgiveable as well, it's naturally BC, why can't I buy digital DS games? No wonder DS piracy goes through the roof.

8. Do you really want more add-ons on the system?

9. No idea what you're talking about.

10. Well, they shouldn't force 8 player gameplay where it wouldn't fit.

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
I agree with everything here. This was definitely an experimental time for Nintendo. Rumors say that the current software on NX is being made in the same fashion of the NES days in terms of relative quality and output.

Care to explain that with a little more detail? Because it sounds good.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

On the other hand, the best thing about the Wii U is that thankfully the GC is no longer looked upon as the "worst" Ninty console because it sold the least...

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Mario 3D World was a great game. Stop denying facts!
Mario Party 10 was also a great game and we will get Mario Party 11 later this year. Maybe that game will be more what you expect.
Metroid, real Animal Crossing and Kirby are still coming, but Cross-Gen with NX.

Pavolink said:
Ljink96 said:
I agree with everything here. This was definitely an experimental time for Nintendo. Rumors say that the current software on NX is being made in the same fashion of the NES days in terms of relative quality and output.

Care to explain that with a little more detail? Because it sounds good.

It was a rumor a couple months back... here's an excerpt from Nintendo Enthusiast:

"The best part of the rumor report -- and potentially most surprising part -- is that Nintendo's staff is "highly motivated in delivering a fantastic system and games," and hasn't been this hyped over a project since the original Famicom. Given the uncertain state of the console market, the beating Nintendo took with the Wii U, and the fall of its bottom line in general, it's very heartening to know the company is eager to put its shoulder to the wall and push back."

"Finally, in case you were wondering, many of the NX's ideas were reportedly outlined by Nintendo's former President, the late Satoru Iwata. Employees are said to end meetings and brainstorming sessions with the battle cry "For Iwata!"

Nintendo returning to their roots in terms of software development does sound amazing and I hope this is their mentality for NX software development. I interpret it as making good, solid software that defines genres and sets the bar again. That was what the NES stood for imo. I'm feeling quite nostalgic now and nothing would make me feel better  than a Nintendo throwback to the basics.

Hopefully this loss will be worth for the NX.

Pocky Lover Boy!