By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - new Mighty No. 9 Trailer "Masterclass" (10% positive votes!)

Kowan said:
JRPGfan said:

I don't think it was ever in 2d in the first place. I think the trailer just used the wrong approach in showcaing its visuals. It looks OK when it's showing the gameplay.

What Im trying to say and failing to communicate apparently is that they shouldnt had decided to go for a 3D rendered game.

Look at Cuphead (2D and amazing):

^ this is a better Megaman, than Might No 9.

Sad Im saying this, but it looks that way imo.

The developer of Megaman isnt able to do what he did in his younger days it appears.

Around the Network

I...guess I still want to play it, but this looks disappointing overall. I hope that dash mechanic doesn't get old, because they certainly put a lot of emphasis on it.

Wright said:

I...guess I still want to play it, but this looks disappointing overall. I hope that dash mechanic doesn't get old, because they certainly put a lot of emphasis on it.

Have the other trailers even focused on other mechanics?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

JRPGfan said:
Kowan said:

I don't think it was ever in 2d in the first place. I think the trailer just used the wrong approach in showcaing its visuals. It looks OK when it's showing the gameplay.

What Im trying to say and failing to communicate apparently is that they shouldnt had decided to go for a 3D rendered game.

The developer of Megaman isnt able to do what he did in his younger days it appears.

Looks much more like Contra than Mega Man to me. I disagree. Mighty No. 9 is the closest you can get to be a copy of Mega Man X.

Darwinianevolution said:
Wright said:

Have the other trailers focused on other mechanics?

Not that I can recall, no.

Around the Network

I don't know why but it looks very boring and slow.

JRPGfan said:
Kowan said:

I really love the art style of this game. Totally in love with it and hate the fact I can't get it on the ps4.

Fei-Hung said:
JRPGfan said:

I really love the art style of this game. Totally in love with it and hate the fact I can't get it on the ps4.

Yep its like the 1 game that Xbox has that Id want to go to PS4 as well.

If it came to steam id buy it.

I'll go against the grain here and say the gameplay looks interesting. Mega Man-ish but with its own twist. The combo system looks like a great way to add replay value to a short game.

Edit: Visually, I do agree the original images looked much better.

Signature goes here!

JRPGfan said:
Fei-Hung said:

Yep its like the 1 game that Xbox has that Id want to go to PS4 as well.

If it came to steam id buy it.

Isn't it coming to PC, though?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.