By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 4 first week sell-through surpass 2.7 million, fastest-selling PS4 first party title to-date in NA and PAL Region

wait a minuet.... this 2.7m is retail + digital.

But... what about the Uncharted 4 bundles?
Those wherent factored in, were they?

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
wait a minuet.... this 2.7m is retail + digital.

But... what about the Uncharted 4 bundles?
Those wherent factored in, were they?

Pretty sure "retail" includes bundles

Bundles are limited and a very small % of it anyway

Mazzy said:
Swordmasterman said:

Isn't Worldwide because Knack sold more First week on Japan than Uncharted 4.

Worldwide would mean every region combined. It wouldn't have to be #1 in every single country individually. Something else likely outside worldwide week one. 

Sony plays the PR game like everybody else. 

The PR is very clear and not misleading. What's your point?

Uncharted did well, get over it.

Sell-through what it means?

GribbleGrunger said:
And now the 'front loaded' argument makes an appearance. Dear God.

*snap*

Around the Network
gatito said:

Very frontloaded sales. I think it will struggle to get past 7 million.

Uncharted 4 is arguably the first killer app this gen. Its basically this gen's Gears of War or Halo 3. People will be buying PS4's JUST for Uncharted 4 for many months. With nothing releasing till the fall, I'm pretty sure UC4 will be riding the top 5 of the charts for at least two months. 

Carl2291 said:
Fei-Hung said:

Maybe even a GotY edition with dlc included next year! 

Well, that one's inevitable.

Announce the new title at PSX 2017, launch Uncharted 4 Definitive with Beta access to whatever the hell they have planned. It's a win win situation really, we're probably gonna see it pushing 10 Million when all is said and done.

Edit - Please don't give Crapgamer any attention here.

Sorry dude. I just clicked the link, not knowing what to expect. First time I've come across him and it was seriously shocking. 

foodfather said:
gatito said:

Very frontloaded sales. I think it will struggle to get past 7 million.

Uncharted 4 is arguably the first killer app this gen. Its basically this gen's Gears of War or Halo 3. People will be buying PS4's JUST for Uncharted 4 for many months. With nothing releasing till the fall, I'm pretty sure UC4 will be riding the top 5 of the charts for at least two months. 

We be getting NMS end of June I think, but like you say, outside of that I can't think of much unless Sony partner up with WB for Return to Arkham at the end of July. 

Carl2291 said:
Mazzy said:

You're missing half of the equation there. The budget/expectations are just as important as the sales numbers. 

I'm not assuming the worst, and it being bundled doesn't mean it sold poorly (BO3 obviously sold very well), I'm just saying it means that (if this happens) then the sales numbers will be forever muddled due to it. 

Budget and expectations cannot be judged unless we have specific details. What we do know however, is that Naughty Dog has a fantastic track record when it comes to budget management. Even then, it's fair to assume that Sony and ND expect Uncharted 4 to be the best selling game in the franchise and it just had the best launch by a clear distance when we're talking actual units sold.

It's off to a great start.

The dev team nearly doubled over the predecessor and the marketing campaign was the largest in PS history. Excuse me for thinking that this tracking slightly ahead of TLoU and UC3 with their much smaller team size, budget, and dev time, is not a raging success.

Shipped or sold through? Also, does include's digital and bundling

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).