By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My biggest Wii U dissapointment

Virtual console weakness. The Wii Virtual console still destroys Wii U.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Are you serious bro? You need your eyes checked out or something.

As a person who owns a Dualshock 2, 3 and 4, Xbox360 controller and the WiiU gamepad - I strongly disagree with you.

Controller size makes a huge difference when playing action games and fighters - especially when you played those genres under controllers that have a similar setup in which case the DS3/DS4 and the Xbox 360/One controllers cater to.

The WiiU gamepad is bloated thanks to the screen and the buttons specifically the L and R trigger/pads are farther than they should be. The analog stick is also poorly placed apart thanks to the "innovative" screen.

If you think the Gamepad is like a traditional controller you are in serious denial - Ya it may have the same buttons but the placement is awkwardly spread apart. The damn screen is almost the same size as the DS4 and the Xbox360 controller!

Edit: Traditional controllers dont have a giant ass screen in the middle pushing the button layout further than it should be henceforth its not a traditional controller - so dont even call it a traditional controller. The last "traditional" primary controller that Nintendo had was the Gamecube controller. They fixed it somewhat with the pro controller but thats an extra, not a primary controller.

I see mostly the same inputs in roughly the same places, and I play games on them in the same ways. Is it as good as the PS4/XB1 controllers? Probably naw, but that doesn't mean it's not a traditional controller. It's literally just a normal controller with a screen on it, accept it already.

Cobretti2 said:
Europe needs a REAL football game not a mario one lol.

Well there is Fifa 13...

KLXVER said:
Cobretti2 said:
Europe needs a REAL football game not a mario one lol.

Well there is Fifa 13...

indeed there is lol. 

burninmylight said:
oniyide said:

is it that hard? it doesnt seem like an issue for other companies

I don't recall any third party developers going back and repgrogramming their games with modern controller support on the Wii VC. I'm sure it would be a huge pain in the ass to Nintendo go in and reprogram the games that it didn't develop, and would get costly after a while, with the breaches in contracts and whatnot.

every random emulator allows custom controllers with custom button layouts. Really wouldnt be difficult for nintendo.

Around the Network

My biggest dissapointment was the dull library.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

burninmylight said:
Ruler said:

yes you could, the virtual console games only use the buttons and the digipad, no motion controls. The Wii U gamepad has buttons and a digipad

Nintendo would have to go back and reprogram every game on the Wii VC to be compatible with the Wii U Gamepad and Pro controller.

Nope, they just need reprogramm the wii OS on wiiu, telling the console to make the wiiu gamepad compatible with wii pro controller and gamecube controller options in the wii OS 

KLXVER said:
Ruler said:

Wii VC games running on Wii U,

MS made the Xbox 360 games compatible on Xbox One with a Xbox One controller

They did. Good job MS. Nintendo did not do that.

So why did you defend nintendo all the time prior?

Ruler said:
burninmylight said:

Nintendo would have to go back and reprogram every game on the Wii VC to be compatible with the Wii U Gamepad and Pro controller.

Nope, they just need reprogramm the wii OS on wiiu, telling the console to make the wiiu gamepad compatible with wii pro controller and gamecube controller options in the wii OS 

I'm repeating what I read from techy people on this site who explained it better than I can. If I could recall who exactly, I'd tell you. But I'm not going to pretend I have a great deal of knowledge on the matter, so I'm not going to debate with  you.

KLXVER said:
Ruler said:
my biggest dissapointment was that i cant access the BC features without owning a Wii-mote

Well you cant play any of the games without a wiimote, so why would you want to access it?

Because the Idea of controlling a Wii game on the Gamepad is alluring for most games. Strikers isn't very strictly tied to motion control options. And since a lower resolution on the gamepad isn't as pixelated as on the big screen, it would be a nice feature for some.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

My biggest disappointment was XCX not being the best game ever, and being a pretty meh experience overall.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."