By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My biggest Wii U dissapointment

I want another Mario Strikers game, but it's not exactly a a huge disappointment to me. I would say the defiling of Paper Mario is a much bigger disappointment.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

Paper Mario - Colour Splash, being a clone of sticker star, would be mine.

That and Mario 3D world... I wanted a galaxy styled mario game.

S.Peelman said:
That there's not going to be a WiiU game that enters my list of favourite games of all time. If Zelda would make it, it isn't really WiiU's win anymore since it's not WiiU's game anymore. Therefore at the end there isn't much to identify the console with; hard to really say "That was the WiiU".

So a long story short, I feel the faceless, non-memorable game library is my biggest disappointment with it.

Maybe kind of a broad statement, and I could name a host of smaller, more specific, disappointments or even point at single games like you did, but to me at the end of the day it's the sum of things that matters most.

This sums up exactly how I feel about the Gamecube. Lots of fun games, but none that immediatley pop into my head as "indispensable and can't live without" (other than maybe Fire Emblem: PoR).

I have the vast majority of the Wii U's greatest hits still in shrinkwrap though, so there's hope for it yet.

My biggest disappointment is the fact that there's no cross buy with the 3DS, but I'm sure either Color Trash or #FE will pass that up once they're out.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Ruler said:
KLXVER said:

No and even if you could, you couldnt play any of the games without the wiimote. So what would be the point of accessing it?

yes you could, the virtual console games only use the buttons and the digipad, no motion controls. The Wii U gamepad has buttons and a digipad

Nintendo would have to go back and reprogram every game on the Wii VC to be compatible with the Wii U Gamepad and Pro controller.

Around the Network

I can't say it was my biggest disappointement but I do miss the mario soccer games and it sucks that wii u didn't get one, and it sucks even more because we got a mediocre mario tennis game.

BasilZero said:

I rather not have a giant ass screen in between messing up the placement for the buttons and analog personally.

I suppose its good for adventure and RPG games but its a horrible controller when it comes to fighters and action games.

Call me a traditionalist if you must but I rather take a normal controller over "innovation".

That's what I'm trying to explain, it is a normal controller. The screen has nothing to do with the button layout, which is exactly the same as on the Pro Controller, which is basically as PS/Xbox controller. The only difference is the controller size, otherwise it plays games including fighters and action exactly the same as traditional controls.

hershel_layton said:

My point was innovation should only be implemented if it will be used.

And my point is that has nothing to do with the quality of the controller which you called terrible. And btw yes it is used, not in anyway big ways, but it doesn't detract from the experience so it's only a plus.

burninmylight said:
Ruler said:

yes you could, the virtual console games only use the buttons and the digipad, no motion controls. The Wii U gamepad has buttons and a digipad

Nintendo would have to go back and reprogram every game on the Wii VC to be compatible with the Wii U Gamepad and Pro controller.

is it that hard? it doesnt seem like an issue for other companies

Considering how Mario Tennis was treated, it may be for the best.