By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn discussion thread: stats, characters etc.

luinil said:
Query: So, would Fire Emblem: RD be worth the purchase for me?

Situation: I like the games of the FE series I have played so far (1st FE for the GBA, FE for the GC) but I have the problem of burn out on them. I play them for a while but am so picky with my characters that if anyone dies I restart the battle, so sometimes I have to play the battle about 3-4 times to get it right. After a while I get tired of playing and move on to another game, then don't really get back to playing for a while...

I really like the game and the mechanics of the game play, but just get tired of it after about 20-30 hours of game time.

So I repeat my question: Is this game worth my time?

I'm the same way. I hate it when someone dies. >_< Luckily, in normal mode (and I would assume Easy mode), you have battle saves where you can save each turn whenever you like and just reload to that save if something goes wrong.

If you're used to other Fire Emblem games, it feels a lot like cheating... but it's a nice option. Except in Hard mode which doesn't allow battle saving.

Whether it's worth your time is solely up to you. ^_^

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Alexandervgc said:
I have started Part 2 (Nephenee joined). Any tips?
I'm leveling up Edward, Nephenee and Jill. Am I ok?
I have lost Nolan... and I saved... I know: I'm stupid.

Don't worry, you won't really miss Nolan.

Everyone in Radiant Dawn turns out well if you work on them. Just use whoever you like.

The only time Nolan could be missed(I used him as a main char, but he can be replaced) is in 3-6 I think it is, the first time you fight with Micaiah in part 3 agains the Laguz crossing the river in fog of war.

It's not a big deal though, that part is easy with proper Black Knight usage.

The Burger King can sit on the sidelines for all I care.  I tried to rescue him with a bigger character just to get him to stop fighting and killing things... but he can't be rescued.

Nolan wasn't that useful to me in my 1st playthrough.  He just didn't do much. 

luinil said:
Query: So, would Fire Emblem: RD be worth the purchase for me?

Situation: I like the games of the FE series I have played so far (1st FE for the GBA, FE for the GC) but I have the problem of burn out on them. I play them for a while but am so picky with my characters that if anyone dies I restart the battle, so sometimes I have to play the battle about 3-4 times to get it right. After a while I get tired of playing and move on to another game, then don't really get back to playing for a while...

I really like the game and the mechanics of the game play, but just get tired of it after about 20-30 hours of game time.

So I repeat my question: Is this game worth my time?

This game is definitely worth your time if you like the basic FE concept.

The first part of the game is very tough, so maybe you have to restart a little bit more (I think everyone restarts when a character dies).
Radiant however has a new feature: The Battle Save. You can make multiple saves during battle, so when you die you don't have to redo thewhole level again.
I don't really use it, only when I'm really frustrated (Twice so far). Replaying the levels is not so bad, maybe a bit boring. But if you repeat the steps and don't rely on luck nothing can go wrong.

@Zen. Yeah, I forgot the BK was in that level. Using him is really a waste of EXP though, since he gains zero (uber as he is). Tip: before that level buy a wyrmslayer for Sothe, he'll be insane against the laguz.

Edit: 900 

So who was your favorite character?  Benga?  Rol?  Zen?

It doesn't have to be stat-wise, it can be personality-wise too.

Unfortunately WoW, you have to use the BK in certain battles to get the full story. I am gonna have to beat the game a third eventually because I couldn't get a certain character because in order to do so, you have to use the BK on certain battles. I would say which character it is, but I don't want to play the role of spoiler.

Around the Network

Darc Requiem said:
Unfortunately WoW, you have to use the BK in certain battles to get the full story. I am gonna
have to beat the game a third eventually because I couldn't get a certain character because in
order to do so, you have to use the BK on certain battles. I would say which character it is, but
I don't want to play the role of spoiler.

I don't recall any character requiring the BK to get...  Maybe a bit of backstory on a couple characters, but not to get a character.

My favorite character is a tough one.

I like:

1. Haar: Uberstrong and cool. And he can fly. And looks like a pirate. Need I say more?
2. Rolf: Needs some kindness in the beginning, but give him the Silencer and he rocks. Plus he's cute AND badass.
3. Ike: Where is the Aether Skill??? (I'm not at the end yet) Besides that, he's a frigging killing machine.
4. Soren. Just Badass. Slow stat growth though.

I think DarkRequiem is right, I just haven't found it out yet. What I read about it was not very clear, because apparently it is about major spoilers.

Words Of Wisdom said:

Darc Requiem said:
Unfortunately WoW, you have to use the BK in certain battles to get the full story. I am gonna
have to beat the game a third eventually because I couldn't get a certain character because in
order to do so, you have to use the BK on certain battles. I would say which character it is, but

I don't recall any character requiring the BK to get...  Maybe a bit of backstory on a couple characters, but not to get a character.

Dark Requim is right. You need to deploy the BK at the end of the first chapter and then fight him with Ike near the end of the third chapter to unlock additional scenes later on in chapter four and also an additional character. Im playing through on Hard Mode right now (trying to unlock the stuff stated above) and its freakin awesome. Im focusing on Ike, Soren, Haar, Jill, Nephenee, Nolan, Shinnon, Sothe, Michiah, Edward (my fav swordsman), and Marcia. I plan to take them all into the final chapters. Some parts in the first chapter were pretty hard cause I would restart if anyone killed something besides Nolan, Edward, Michiah or Soothe but now that its done they walk all over the baddies. Im nearing the end of Chapter 3 right now and lots of the characters i mentioned above are capping a lot of different stats. like someone else mentioned above teh master crowns are hugely helpful in Hard Mode for saving EXP. It would take like 3000 bonus EXP (which is already scarce in Hard Mode) to level from 20 to class change and quite a few kills so its worth finding all the hidden ones and purchasing them when available. Someone mentioned the uselessness of forging in this game and I have to agree. I used it a bit on my normal playthrough and didnt really need to. On hard you can generally ignore it in my opinion. A general hint to anyone starting a new game is to play favorites. I tried to level everyone fairly when I played through on normal and found that near the end of the game almost no one could hold there own. It made the last 4-5 chapters a lot more challenging than they can be. Pick 3-4 characters from each seperate team (ike, michiah and elincia) and focus on growing them to their 3rd tiers. It doesnt really matter who you choose aslong as you have a decent variety of fighters (mage, swordsman, healer, thief, ect.) and you dont pick Meg. Shes gay.

Crabmaster2000 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Darc Requiem said:

Dark Requim is right. You need to deploy the BK at the end of the first chapter and then fight him with Ike near the end of the third chapter to unlock additional scenes later on in chapter four and also an additional character. Im playing through on Hard Mode right now (trying to unlock the stuff stated above) and its freakin awesome. Im focusing on Ike, Soren, Haar, Jill, Nephenee, Nolan, Shinnon, Sothe, Michiah, Edward (my fav swordsman), and Marcia. I plan to take them all into the final chapters. Some parts in the first chapter were pretty hard cause I would restart if anyone killed something besides Nolan, Edward, Michiah or Soothe but now that its done they walk all over the baddies. Im nearing the end of Chapter 3 right now and lots of the characters i mentioned above are capping a lot of different stats. like someone else mentioned above teh master crowns are hugely helpful in Hard Mode for saving EXP. It would take like 3000 bonus EXP (which is already scarce in Hard Mode) to level from 20 to class change and quite a few kills so its worth finding all the hidden ones and purchasing them when available. Someone mentioned the uselessness of forging in this game and I have to agree. I used it a bit on my normal playthrough and didnt really need to. On hard you can generally ignore it in my opinion. A general hint to anyone starting a new game is to play favorites. I tried to level everyone fairly when I played through on normal and found that near the end of the game almost no one could hold there own. It made the last 4-5 chapters a lot more challenging than they can be. Pick 3-4 characters from each seperate team (ike, michiah and elincia) and focus on growing them to their 3rd tiers. It doesnt really matter who you choose aslong as you have a decent variety of fighters (mage, swordsman, healer, thief, ect.) and you dont pick Meg. Shes gay.

Oh him!  I totally forgot about him.  I blanked out and could only remember the other the other character you gain on the 2nd playthrough.  ^_^

Forging isn't useless early on when you can forge stronger weapons for less gold than you could otherwise buy though it's use quickly runs out.

And Meg isn't gay.  She's just severely underleveled.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Crabmaster2000 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Darc Requiem said:

Oh him!  I totally forgot about him.  I blanked out and could only remember the other the other character you gain on the 2nd playthrough.  ^_^

Forging isn't useless early on when you can forge stronger weapons for less gold than you could otherwise buy though it's use quickly runs out.

And Meg isn't gay.  She's just severely underleveled.

Forging could be helpful I suppose, but Im playing through on Hard and finding my standard run of the mill weapons are more than capable. Maybe on Maniac Mode it would be more beneficial since the enemies are a few levels ahead of you. Plus I think the Japanese version has some extra elements thrown into the forging system (forging points or something) so maybe our english version is just the remenants of a previous forging system and therefor underdelevoped. I didnt mean to suggest Meg is unusable. Like you said earlier any character can become useful given enough time and experience. Shes just stupid and has a creepy obsession with a certain swordsman. Plus she looks disturbingly like her 40 year old father, face and build.