By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn discussion thread: stats, characters etc.

Words Of Wisdom said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Lothe? Do you mean Volke? And no, Volke is not better. He doesn't have enough availability or levels to cap as much as he needs to meanwhile Heather has more than enough time to cap every single stat she has.

Personal experience means nothing. Heather is balls in stat growth.

Here's her stat growth

Stat Growths - HP: 40%, STR: 20%, MAG: 20%, SKL: 50%, SPD: 70%, LUK:
75%, DEF: 30%, RES: 40%Imo, Volke is rape. Heather sucks balls. Now that' RNG, but either way,
don't get to attacking me cause my Heather sucks, I can't help it.

This isn't gamefaqs. Personal experience means something however availability means more.

Heather has enough availability to cap every stat. Volke does not without extreme amounts of favoritism.

I find it hilarious you said that because in a previous post where I mentioned I found Mia and Zihark much better than Edward, your reply was:

Words of Wisdom: Personal experience means nothing in Fire Emblem.

Anyways On Topic:  Nephenee was insane in my playthrough, only problem was she killed too many on counterattacks, opening herself to too many attacks in one turn.   

Around the Network
darconi said:

I find it hilarious you said that because in a previous post where I mentioned I found Mia and Zihark much better than Edward, your reply was:

I was actually wondering if anyone would catch that.  Well done!  ^_^

darconi said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Lothe? Do you mean Volke? And no, Volke is not better. He doesn't have enough availability or levels to cap as much as he needs to meanwhile Heather has more than enough time to cap every single stat she has.

Personal experience means nothing. Heather is balls in stat growth.

Here's her stat growth

Stat Growths - HP: 40%, STR: 20%, MAG: 20%, SKL: 50%, SPD: 70%, LUK:
75%, DEF: 30%, RES: 40%Imo, Volke is rape. Heather sucks balls. Now that' RNG, but either way,
don't get to attacking me cause my Heather sucks, I can't help it.

This isn't gamefaqs. Personal experience means something however availability means more.

Heather has enough availability to cap every stat. Volke does not without extreme amounts of favoritism.

Anyways On Topic:  Nephenee was insane in my playthrough, only problem was she killed too many on counterattacks, opening herself to too many attacks in one turn.   

As long as you really push her and cap a lot of her stats or give her an earth support her counter attacks shouldnt be a problem. Or you could always just remove whatever skill she has equiped that is making her counter attack.

Crabmaster2000 said:

Forging could be helpful I suppose, but Im playing through on Hard and finding my standard run of the mill weapons are more than capable. Maybe on Maniac Mode it would be more beneficial since the enemies are a few levels ahead of you. Plus I think the Japanese version has some extra elements thrown into the forging system (forging points or something) so maybe our english version is just the remenants of a previous forging system and therefor underdelevoped. I didnt mean to suggest Meg is unusable. Like you said earlier any character can become useful given enough time and experience. Shes just stupid and has a creepy obsession with a certain swordsman. Plus she looks disturbingly like her 40 year old father, face and build.

Forging is useful in the beginning where you can get similar powered weapons cheaper or more powerful weapons for the same price you would normally pay.  Late game, I just forgot it existed.  Forge points would have been nice.  IIRC, that would have allowed us to unlock materials earlier in the game by selling off excess items.

Crabmaster2000 said:

As long as you really push her and cap a lot of her stats or give her an earth support her counter attacks shouldnt be a problem. Or you could always just remove whatever skill she has equiped that is making her counter attack.

I like the NepheneeXHeather support a lot.  You can get it early and Wind/Fire isn't too bad.  Plus it's fun to pair them together.

Around the Network

Well, Heather is gay ...

At least what she said to Nephenee when I recruited her was extremely gay.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

I had Nephenee + Mia supporting each other and it was just insane. If it weren't for them completely nerfing their natural abilities (+crits when down on health) and first strike counterattacks, they would've ran through everything.

The money I thought was rather pitiful in this game, I was always pressed for money for even basic steel weapons while I had plenty in PoR so I never really did much forging.

I've been trying to play it on hard but lost interest, Micaiah's chapter 1 characters just suck too much for me to bother. I'll pick it up again someday.

darconi said:
I had Nephenee + Mia supporting each other and it was just insane. If it weren't for them completely nerfing their natural abilities (+crits when down on health) and first strike counterattacks, they would've ran through everything.

The money I thought was rather pitiful in this game, I was always pressed for money for even basic steel weapons while I had plenty in PoR so I never really did much forging.

I've been trying to play it on hard but lost interest, Micaiah's chapter 1 characters just suck too much for me to bother. I'll pick it up again someday.

Money is tight, but that's kind of nice.  Instead of just buying the best weapons all the time you have to ration it and spend wisely.

So why does your Micaiah team suck?  Is there someone who got some bad growths?

Words Of Wisdom said:
darconi said:

Money is tight, but that's kind of nice. Instead of just buying the best weapons all the time you have to ration it and spend wisely.

So why does your Micaiah team suck? Is there someone who got some bad growths?

I didn't think they did but they could've.  In general though, Micaiah's team has always been much weaker than the other teams.  2 Swordsman is bad, they're too fragile.  Meg is too underpowered to function as a shield, Fiona is too weak, etc.  Yeah they could've become better if they were babied but it just wasn't worth it after a while.

darconi said:

I didn't think they did but they could've.  In general though, Micaiah's team has always been much weaker than the other teams.  2 Swordsman is bad, they're too fragile.  Meg is too underpowered to function as a shield, Fiona is too weak, etc.  Yeah they could've become better if they were babied but it just wasn't worth it after a while.

Well of course Micaiah's team is weaker.  They're the only team that starts on Tier 1 whereas all the others start on Tier 2.  However relative to the enemies they're not so bad.  They can easily beat all the Part 1 chapters but you need to make sure that they travel in pairs, usually with a range 2 attacker for every range 1 attacker.  

Micaiah's team is nice because up until the final chapter or so, you can't just bull rush enemies with power and win (in normal mode) like you can with some of the other teams.