By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Ghostbusters Second Trailer (Still not funny edition)

I want to like this movie. I love me some Ghostbusters and want to like this movie, genuinely. However, everything I see about it makes me want to see it less and less.

At this point it just looks like they are deliberately reversing the genders of the original characters and going "look! we have female leads! Like us! Please!" as opposed to just putting the characters in place and letting the movie breathe as its own entity.

Around the Network

Well. No. Still not interested. This and Turtles is not on my radar at all, there'll be plenty of good movies this spring/summer. Jason Bourne comes in July; I'll go see that instead!

Don't care that they're women. In fact, don't even care that there are no cameos or whatever. It just looks like trash.

Lmao we're reaching crazy levels of bad, some people say that the CGI for the ghosts is good but imho they could have made crazy stuff, that scene with the winged ghost is straight up BAD.

I just don't find anything about it fun or humourous and have no desire to ever see it.

Around the Network

Still looks lackluster imo.

The only thing it has going for it is the animations of the ghosts are better.. than in the old movies.
That and it shares name, with a series of older liked movies.

I feel like that isnt enough.

Mummelmann said:
Well. No. Still not interested. This and Turtles is not on my radar at all, there'll be plenty of good movies this spring/summer. Jason Bourne comes in July; I'll go see that instead!

^ this.

Im hyped for Jason Bourne, and my dad is a huge fan of the books and the movies.
So we ll go watch that. Ghostbusters? nope no thanks.

It's like those characters were screaming: "Here look at us! We're so funny!"

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Hm. Okay, I cleared my mind as much as possible and tried to be objective.

Unfortunately, I didn't once crack a smile. While that doesn't mean the movie is awful it's still not a good sign. Only the black lady had any presence or uniqueness at all. That's not good when the material really needs great comedic actors like Bill Murray to carry it.

Worse, the showcase joke with the "race or sex" thing was also terrible and leaves a bad impression on the writing.

Boutros said:
It's really not that bad.

I agree alot of bandwagon hate going on, I thought the trailer looked far more decent than the first. I still believe it will be a terrible movie but let's no get lost in our youth either the orginals really aren't amazing films.