By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you rush through it or do you savor it?

How do you play?

Make it last forever! 20 39.22%

I want it all and I want it NOW! 8 15.69%

I just play. It ends when it ends. 21 41.18%

Credits now. Trophies/Achievements later. 2 3.92%

Total:51

I play whenever I can and feel like playing the game. If that means finishing a game like Uncharted 4 within 3 days then so be it.

Around the Network

If a game is amazing, and I have the time, of course I'll blast through it. Doesn't mean I won't be as thorough as possible, but ya I can get through em pretty quick

I almost always take my time. The exceptions being fairly early game items/characters/weapons/whatever that I refuse to play through the game without ASAP(Skell in Xenoblade X).

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

I take my time, look around, restart checkpoints, jump off cliffs.

I'm on chapter 8 now with over 60 restarts messing around. I've still managed to miss half the collectibles so far and already had the urge to start over. Especially since it didn't occur to me until chapter 5 to turn down all the sounds except the music to get better balanced audio. Default the music is too muted. (in home theater setting anyway)
The lure of unlocking the cell shaded mode makes me finish it first before restarting.

The only times I rush through games is when I don't really enjoy them anymore, which usually happens at the end of long open world games like Skyrim and The Witcher 3. That's after 60 hours already though, those games tend to out stay their welcome. If I don't really enjoy a game after a few hours I simply stop playing it.

teigaga said:
I only rush through it if I'm loosing enjoyment.

Equally I only do sidequests etc if they appeal to me. Otherwise I'll focus on enjoying the main quest and not water down the experience.

This. Like with Xenoblade Chronicles X, I mostly do sidequests while progressing very slowly in the story because the game is so frigging good.

Around the Network

The only game I love rushing through is Super Metroid simply because I know it inside out and I absolutely love speedrunning it.

I wouldn't call it rushing. But yeah, I will get the first 30h of game done in the first couple of days. I mean why wait?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I always take a while to finish a game. This is for a few reasons:

1) I don't like to play for hours on end. I can play for maybe 3 hours straight if I'm really into it but that's extremely rare. Most times, I play for a little over an hour if that

2) I take my time. I normally look around & explore a bit just cuz

3) I tend to be quite bad at most games. I die a lot / take a while to figure out what to do

All in all, going by the game website "How long to beat", my playtime is nearly always a few hours longer than average. Combine that with me not playing too often, and yeah, it takes some time

[] [] [] {} [] 

I savor it. This is why I love games with side quests. It took me 7 months to beat Dragon Age: Inquisition and I only decided to finish it because The Witcher III was releasing. I got The Witcher day 1 and I've still not completed it. Now I'm doing the same with The Division. The only issues that arise by doing this is that I don't like playing 2 games at the same time. Therefore I find myself neglecting many games to play just one. Right now I'm playing The Division while ignoring Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted 4, The Witcher, and SFV.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

There are some games I just tear through in a few sittings. It happens mostly with Metroidvania games. I get hooked and just like that I'm at the final boss, it recently happened with Guacamelee and Ori and the Blind Forest.

Signature goes here!