By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you rush through it or do you savor it?

How do you play?

Make it last forever! 20 39.22%

I want it all and I want it NOW! 8 15.69%

I just play. It ends when it ends. 21 41.18%

Credits now. Trophies/Achievements later. 2 3.92%

Total:51

I have with every game a completionist complex, i always play like i am going to platinum the game which i often thought about many games. And then i quite after finishing or not finishing the game if i got a new game lol

Around the Network

No, I like taking it slow and simple. When I finished ALBW for the first time, the game satisfied me a lot and I decided to take as much time as I needed with it. Just take a smooth, calm, and pleasurable ride with it. And if you do that correctly, you'll end up finishing the game super fast! I finished ALBW in less than 10 hours.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Only games I rush through are the ones I don't enjoy.

I just enjoy it while it lasts. I don't worry about finishing too fast, or finishing too slow, or making the game last longer or whatever. I just enjoy myself. When it's over, it's over.

You know how when you have a small amount of food people often say, "Take smaller bites to make it last longer"? That's true, but when you take small bites you enjoy it less. Games are the same way, at least for me.

I usually rush through games, although I always regret it.

Around the Network

I usually take my time to explore everything that I can reasonably explore. It sucks how much time it takes though because I'm a bit short on time these days.

I try taking my time if I enjoy them, if not then I'll want to get over the parts that bore me as fast as possible. I'm enjoying the latest DOOM SP and despite the fast paced gameplay I'm finding myself taking my time with each level, trying to find all those nooks and crannies for logs to read and DOOM guys to collect.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I actually have a bad habit of leaving the games i love for later because i don't want them to go out fast.

But i recognise that is a bad habit. What happens is that i'm lost by the time i come back. The best thing to do is to enjoy them.

If i'm rushing a game, chances are it's a bad game and it runs of serious chance of me running out of patience with it and selling it.

Paperboy_J said:
I just enjoy it while it lasts. I don't worry about finishing too fast, or finishing too slow, or making the game last longer or whatever. I just enjoy myself. When it's over, it's over.

You know how when you have a small amount of food people often say, "Take smaller bites to make it last longer"? That's true, but when you take small bites you enjoy it less. Games are the same way, at least for me.

I like the way you think, Bebe's kid.

I usually only rush if I'm not really having that much fun anymore, but I already put so much time into it I have to see it to the end.  Last game I rushed was Xenoblade Chroncles X.