By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you rush through it or do you savor it?

How do you play?

Make it last forever! 20 39.22%

I want it all and I want it NOW! 8 15.69%

I just play. It ends when it ends. 21 41.18%

Credits now. Trophies/Achievements later. 2 3.92%

Total:51

Savor the first time then go back for trophies. On chapter 9 on my third Uncharted playthrough now and going for the speedrun trophy. Still gotta get to Doom. Unless I'm going for trophies I normally play on easy and enjoy the story especially the first time.

I am Iron Man

Around the Network

Savour it, every last minute of play I can get, if it's a great game I'm loving I'll be the last to finish it, I'm often the last in my guild to the max level in a new expansion or currently at 70 hours in Digimon Cybersleuth just grinding up digimon into their Mega forms early in the game... far earlier than I should have been doing it but just enjoying filling out the Pok.... Digi...Dex!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Depends on the game. If I love it, like a Zelda, or Uncharted like you mentioned, I savor the moment and start doing everything you can do. That doesn't even limit itself to a first playthrough though, I'll happily spend 60 hours on KotOR again for the fifth time. Otherwise, if I start to lose interest in a game slowly, like when I feel a game starts to drag, or when I don't really like it but still want to see the ending, I speed things up and start ignoring anything on the side. If I'm not interested anymore at all for whatever reason, I just quit.

Unless I have a time restriction, I play at my own pace. Partly why I despise moments in games that require rushing through, unless that's the entire point of the game. I'll probably never platinum an Uncharted game, purely because I hate speedrunning. That said, I'm not one to drag my feet to artificially extend playtime, either.

I only rush through backlog games that i've lost interest in.

Around the Network

I never rush through story based games, if i'm enjoying them. I take my good ole time, and search as much of the map, that i possibly can, for the hidden stuff.

I just try to get whatever achievements I can get and play with friends games for fun.

Xbox live: kyokusanagiii    Watching: Patlabor The Mobile Police (OAV 1)

I only rush games I have already finished before.

SvennoJ said:

I take my time, look around, restart checkpoints, jump off cliffs.

I'm on chapter 8 now with over 60 restarts messing around. I've still managed to miss half the collectibles so far and already had the urge to start over. Especially since it didn't occur to me until chapter 5 to turn down all the sounds except the music to get better balanced audio. Default the music is too muted. (in home theater setting anyway)
The lure of unlocking the cell shaded mode makes me finish it first before restarting.

The only times I rush through games is when I don't really enjoy them anymore, which usually happens at the end of long open world games like Skyrim and The Witcher 3. That's after 60 hours already though, those games tend to out stay their welcome. If I don't really enjoy a game after a few hours I simply stop playing it.

It's awesome. I did my speed run in cell shaded render. I originally was going to do it in 8-bit mode, but it's almost unplayable. You can't see shit lol. 

If it's a game I've been waiting for a long time, then I would definitely not rush through it, unless there was some time constraint (like I have to return the game or something)

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]