By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you rush through it or do you savor it?

How do you play?

Make it last forever! 20 39.22%

I want it all and I want it NOW! 8 15.69%

I just play. It ends when it ends. 21 41.18%

Credits now. Trophies/Achievements later. 2 3.92%

Total:51

When a new, big game comes out, try to buy it on day one.  Your Super Marios, your Zeldas, your Uncharteds, your Metal Gears (before MGS3: TPP, that is), Final Fantasies, Gears of Wars--you get the idea.  These are the franchises you wait YEARS for! The best gaming has to offer, in my opinion. So when you finally get one, what do you do?

I'm currently playing Uncharted 4 and it's quite an experience. I'm only on chapter 7 and I'm loving every minute of it.  Some people blew through it in a day or two. Bragging rights, avoiding spoilers, or maybe they just got hooked and couldn't stop playing. No matter the reason, they've finished the game. To me, there's nothing like that first time and in gaming (unlike sex), we can make it last as long as we want.

Do you blast through a long awaited game as quickly as possible or do you savor every sweet moment? Discuss.

There's no right or wrong answer, here.

Around the Network

I only rush through it if I'm loosing enjoyment.

Equally I only do sidequests etc if they appeal to me. Otherwise I'll focus on enjoying the main quest and not water down the experience.

Games that are highly anticipated for me get put in the game system and don't get removed until I have completed the game. If I enjoyed it enough I run through to get the platinum/all achievements before I even start up on another game as well.

Like you said, with games I waited for for a long time and are that amazing I try to savor them for a bit longer. I completed Uncharted 4 in the span of a week with the gameplay timer reading 19H:11M. I'd say I did good to restrain myself from a 24h marathon to finish the game. :p

With open world games I always try to finish as much of the side quests as possible, as long as they're interesting, before going to do the last mission.

I remember when Super Mario 3D World came out. I told myself "One world per day." If I finished, I just went back for gold coins. Greatly increased my enjoyment.

Around the Network

It depends on the game. Something I thoroughly enjoy, like an Uncharted, Ratchet, good Zelda or Mario, I beat in a couple sittings. Something like Fallout 4, from a series I love, I play the hell out of, get bored, come back a few months later and love it even more when it's more polished.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

I guess you can say I rushed through Uncharted 4, got the platinum trophy on Sunday. I still enjoyed it though. I'll definitely go back through and play it again.

Rushing is when your not enjoying yourself, but your already halfways through the game.....
Your like "yep I dont plan on trying to play this game again" lets just get through it and that ll be that.

If I have a big backlog and my goal is to get through it then I'll rush. I actually find rushing to be very enjoyable as it ups the intensity of action and story. Worked for max Payne 3. Wouldn't work for Xenoblade X.

No point in rushing, we wait years (as you say) for these games so I take my sweet time, I'll play it for 1 hour- 1h 30m after work but I'll really take my time and just enjoy the game.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website