By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Petition: Remove Uncharted 4 Washington Post Review from Metacritic

Bandorr said:
Aquamarine said:
Why do people care so much about Metacritic?

Its methodology was wonky and arbitrary to begin with. So what if one measly score slightly messes it up? Why does it even matter in the first place if Uncharted gets a 93 vs. a 94? It seems so petty...

My answer to that would be a question. . Where did the 10 come from? How did a 4 out of 4 - become a 4/10? The second review had no score, so where did they get the 10?

If they were told it was a 4/10 - why didn't the WP include that in their article? Or did MC just assume it was out of 10?

To me it isn't about "uncharted" or a 93 vs a 94. I simply just want clarity.

Why did the WP make two reviews? One did one of them have no score? Why did metacritic go with the one with no score? Where did they get the 10?

and so on.

Yes, that's how I see it. Where is this 4/10 score? Apparently the only score we have from Washington Post is 4/4 so it should be 10/10 on metacritic. The problem comes not from Washington post, they review the game 4/4 from a reviewer while another guy wrote a bad article about the game.

Metacritic took only the 4 from the 4/4 score from the scored review, invented the /10 rest of the score and added the negative summary from the unscored negative article.

That's messed up.

Around the Network

Anyone know if its true that MC, following their own policy, shouldnt have included WP review from the first place, as the reviewer who gave it 4/10 is not a staff member?

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

This thread is just sad, i can't believe how many people website and its numbers so seriously especially when they get nothing for it when making this joke of a petition.

Between this and DC fans saying that Marvel and Disney paid Rotten Tomatoes to have BvS a score under 40% really just makes me wish these kind of sites would shut down and people would actually read reviews to know why reviewers feel the way they do.

Is this petition serious? It's metacritic for heavens sake.

Dgc1808 said:
I'd like a petition to remove all perfect scores because I feel that no game is perfect. I'm sure there are others that will agree

basically this i wouldn't any of my favorite games a 10 out of 10 hell there are things that are commonly used in so many 10 out 10 hell i would give most if not all of my favorite games are a 9 but at the end of the day i don't even like giving scores to games cause in the end they usually are some stupid meaning less number that barely tells me anything about the game.

Around the Network
Tmfwang said:
Anyone know if its true that MC, following their own policy, shouldnt have included WP review from the first place, as the reviewer who gave it 4/10 is not a staff member?

just get over it. It's not so serious. Even Troy Baker admitted he made a mistake.

I don't agree with the score, but picking and choosing which reviews get omitted on a case by case basis defeats the purpose of an aggregate review site.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Lets remove all the negative user reviews as well.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

StuOhQ said:
I don't agree with the score, but picking and choosing which reviews get omitted on a case by case basis defeats the purpose of an aggregate review site.

It's hilarious because Metacritic literally already does that.

They include and exclude sites on a whim all the time, and they assign random-ass "weights" so reviews from certain publications "count more" than other reviews.

I find it incredible that so many people care *this* much about Metacritic when its EXISTING practices were already 10 times more shady than this.

animegaming said:
Dgc1808 said:
I'd like a petition to remove all perfect scores because I feel that no game is perfect. I'm sure there are others that will agree

basically this i wouldn't any of my favorite games a 10 out of 10 hell there are things that are commonly used in so many 10 out 10 hell i would give most if not all of my favorite games are a 9 but at the end of the day i don't even like giving scores to games cause in the end they usually are some stupid meaning less number that barely tells me anything about the game.

So what's the highest you would rate any game a 9 then or maybe a 9.9? I have just never understood the problems with rating a game a 10/10 or a perfect score? I mean of course nog ame is perfect but that's not what a 10/10 means it means it is just the best score a game can get and that it is a masterpiece etc That is COMPLETELY different from the situation at hand though. 

OT

While I think the score should be removed because it is just a click bait review...it doesn't bother me. The game is an amazing game through and through! I am only on Chapter 8 and I am loving it!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23