By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Petition: Remove Uncharted 4 Washington Post Review from Metacritic

First It is a parody review, and it bashes the game, therefore it should not be counted.

why metacritic choose to post an unscored satiric review as an official one is beyond me.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

they said that metacritic won't let them post their review without a score, then why are there reviews in the unscored section? these guys clearly are lying at WashingtonPost

After spending the weekend speaking to several people involved in this, I suggest that everyone move to Opencritic!
It is a more professional website, they are more transparent, they answer if you ask them something on twitter and they have a section for un-scored reviews.

If you have not tried their service, I suggest you give it a go. They give percentiles and way better presentation.

Bryank75 said:
After spending the weekend speaking to several people involved in this, I suggest that everyone move to Opencritic!
It is a more professional website, they are more transparent, they answer if you ask them something on twitter and they have a section for un-scored reviews.

If you have not tried their service, I suggest you give it a go. They give percentiles and way better presentation.

One of the founders of Opencritic even has an account on VGC so we can have direct contact with him (don't remember his name though... is it you?)

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Bryank75 said:

One of the founders of Opencritic even has an account on VGC so we can have direct contact with him (don't remember his name though... is it you?)

No, lol! 

I didn't even know they were on VGC.... that must be why they randomly followed me one day! Makes sense now. I'll ask though..

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Dgc1808 said:
I'd like a petition to remove all perfect scores because I feel that no game is perfect. I'm sure there are others that will agree

^This. I've yet to play a perfect game so I've never understood why so many games have 10/10 reviews. 

Not many reviewers define 10 as perfect. Most use it to represent something similar to 'masterpiece', and perfection isn't an inherent qualifier for that word (in-fact its definition is broad enough that reviewers have a decent amount of flexibility in how softly they apply it). What kind of scale you use can effect the frequency of 10's too. Linear scales will usually give 10's more often than curved ones. Scales with fewer options (such a 5 star scale with no halves) will likley give them more often than ones that score out of 100. There are other examples, but you get the idea.

OT: Well this is a bit silly. I understand why many are upset about the review, while i won't pass any hard judgement on its legitimacy, it does fall far enough outside of the game's review curve to be suspect. Even considering that though, creating a petition to get it removed seems somewhat extreme :p

I could half understand if the petition was just arguing for the review to me moved to metacritic's new scoreless section (i'd still think it was a bit silly, but i wouldn't actively sigh at its existence), but total removal on the basis of its score? Urg. 

Mr Puggsly said:
Lets remove all the negative user reviews as well.

Can't we just remove metacritic user scores entirely? :p

Zekkyou said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Lets remove all the negative user reviews as well.

Can't we just remove metacritic user scores entirely? :p

They would settle for it going to scoreless section. That is the way they do it now. But this is a legacy issue...something agreed before new standards. It went into the scoreless section in Opencritic and the other score website...forget the name of it.....

KLXVER said:
Where is the petition to remove the perfect 10s?

If the perfect 10 was a sattire, it should be removed. 

Nem said:

Oh someone has a different opinion than you? That can not be allowed!

You know what that is called? Fascism! Yeah... i find this petition absolutely disgusting and anti-freedom of speech.

The 4/10 is a fake review, the real review gives it 4/4 aka 10/10