By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you losing faith in gaming?

Are you losing faith in gaming?

Yes 178 42.79%

No 238 57.21%

Total:416

I honestly think even if we have nothing advantageous for the gaming community at any point in time I will not be dissapointed. I will always have faith that there are some people out there that are trying to keep it up, and floating. The only problem is that they are dealing with people that are hard to make happy. Many people now adays make it difficult to do anything because they complain about everything, and every game that is made. I will always have faith.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:

What's your point? That you don't have time play any games because you have responsibilities so gaming hasn't gotten better? Give credit where it's due. If you don't have time, you don't have time for it. Gaming is getting better as a whole and your individual responsiblities have nothing to do with the state of gaming. 

We're able to save games. So you can stop and start whenever you want. You can progress at your own pace. It doesn't matter how long the game is, you can beat it eventually. 

Gaming is getting worse because it doesn't serve people with responsibilities anymore. This isn't how it was in the 70's or 80's, or 90's, at least the first half. 

The issue isn't necessarily the length of the games. It's the slow pace and gameplay being constantly interrupted. I can do something exciting instead of playing boring games. Heck, I could play exciting old games on old systems or Virtual Console. 

No, I can't progress at my own pace, because of the constant interruptions, mandatory triggers, fetch quests and all the shit that's made to break the flow of the game. 

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Aeolus451 said:

Why do you think it's getting worse and compared to what?

The only thing that's really declining is nintendo itself. People only have to look at how much of a buzzkill it's fans are to see the truth of it.  Their dissatisfaction with nintendo is coloring their outlook of gaming as a whole. 

MS is trying really hard to win over new gamers and please it's fanbase with the deals and games that they're offering. MS fans might not be happy that they're console isn't selling really well but they're more or less getting a better deal out of it. BC, cross-play and MS backtracked on that anti-consumer stuff. MS did right by their fans after lto be honest. 

PS fans are happy that their console is selling well and that they're getting the kind of games they want. 

After reading this I finally get where you're coming from. I agree to an extent when you make the statement Nintendo traditionally making good games and others making shit. If you assess that gaming as a whole is getting better because all the shit is getting better, then yes, you could say that. But, frankly, I'm really not interested in the shit, I'm interested only in the good games, and it's the good games that are getting worse. And, I'm not comparing just Nintendo, but Capcom, Konami and others that used to make games that kicked ass.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Volterra_90 said:

Hmmm... I'm losing faith on my favourite videogames company (Nintendo), so I prepared myselft with a nice PC just in case they screw up with the NX.

Sadly, this is happening with my Ninty friends too, so we're planning on migrate our gaming platform to share our games if things turn to be really bad.

Me too. Not in gaming, but I've bee losing faith in Nintendo since last year. After Zelda delay, Wii U death, Federation Force, Star Fox and many other things, I'm migrating.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

bdbdbd said:
Aeolus451 said:

Why do you think it's getting worse and compared to what?

The only thing that's really declining is nintendo itself. People only have to look at how much of a buzzkill it's fans are to see the truth of it.  Their dissatisfaction with nintendo is coloring their outlook of gaming as a whole. 

MS is trying really hard to win over new gamers and please it's fanbase with the deals and games that they're offering. MS fans might not be happy that they're console isn't selling really well but they're more or less getting a better deal out of it. BC, cross-play and MS backtracked on that anti-consumer stuff. MS did right by their fans after lto be honest. 

PS fans are happy that their console is selling well and that they're getting the kind of games they want. 

After reading this I finally get where you're coming from. I agree to an extent when you make the statement Nintendo traditionally making good games and others making shit. If you assess that gaming as a whole is getting better because all the shit is getting better, then yes, you could say that. But, frankly, I'm really not interested in the shit, I'm interested only in the good games, and it's the good games that are getting worse. And, I'm not comparing just Nintendo, but Capcom, Konami and others that used to make games that kicked ass.

Did I call nintendo's games shit? Do me the courstey of not calling everything else non-nintendo shit. Ease off, member of the nintendo defense force. 

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:

Did I call nintendo's games shit? Do me the courstey of not calling everything else non-nintendo shit. Ease off, member of the nintendo defense force. 

No YOU didn't, it was I who called Nintendo games shit. You called everything else. Granted, shit was an exaggaration, but I agree your point about bad games getting better and good games getting worse. It's called mediocrity.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Absolutely. With the critical success of UC4, the gaming media tells easily influenced gamers that story, graphics, and character development are important to gaming. Videogames were developed to challenge reflexes, endurance, and skill - not how many Ps a game has.

pokoko said:
Not at all. There are plenty of good games to play and gaming is cheaper than ever.

Honestly, I'm just really pleased that I didn't turn out to be one of those people who constantly whine about how much better gaming used to be in the old days while they restrict themselves to one company or a handful of genres. Some of those people just sound bitter that things change. I enjoyed gaming then and I enjoy it now, even though the types of games I play has largely transformed. But you know what? I can do that. I can enjoy more than one type of book, video programming, or game. I'm not afraid to expand. I started with Combat for Atari and today I played an FPS on PC and a puzzle/RPG on console--and I had fun with both.

Sometimes I can't help but laugh at the stuff people complain about. "I won't play this one genre because it's popular! I'm against that genre! I'm against M-rated games! I'm against brown! I'm against this company! I'm against that company! I'm against new business models!" Yeah, yeah, we get it. If you look for reasons to not have fun then guess what?

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm having fun.

I really like what you have write, i am like you but i am a little against company who make very bugged game now, even if i know back in the 80' there was too some game who was bugged as hell ^^

CaptainExplosion said:
Well, after playing the new Doom, I've at least regained some faith in the FPS genre.

Same, with the exception of lost faith in the competitive arena shooter genre with the enw DOOM MP.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"