By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What if MGS4 and GT5 P bombs.?

Faxanadu said:

ahem: 750 K + 750 K + 400 K = 1.9 million, being about 2 million, right?

So he means that about 1.9 million would be the threshold, meaning 2 million wouldn't be a flop (especially when you take error margins into account - between 1.71 and 2.09 with 10% margin).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
Noobie said:

So far all the discussion on the Sony forum is regarding how good MGS 4 and GT5 P is going to be... and nobody try to remember the past trend... apart from few partial hits like DMC4 and (i don't remember any other) :), all the games have mostly bombed on PS3

So to cut the long story short.. i would say there is a reasonable chance that MGS4 and GT5 P bombs... So far PS3 has no million seller on day 1. and i m not sure if it will have 1 game like this in this yr atleast.

So there are 2 question wot amount of sales will determine that the MGS4 or GT5 P is a success or a bomb..

i think for GT5 P anything below 500k on week one in each Europe and NA is going to classify it as a bombed

For MGS4 i think anything below750k on week one in each Europe and NA and 400k for Jap is going to classify it as a bombed...

Second question is wot is percentage chances of each of these games to get bombed again on PS3..

I would say there is a reasonable chance like 35% for them to get bombed...

So wot u say.?

Sorry, but 500k in one week for GT5:P is bommed? If it was GT5, maybe but prologe? Hell do you know what you are talking about? On the PS2 GT4:P had a total of 2 Million, and you say, selling 1 Million week one would be bad? I must dreamin.

NJ5 said:
Faxanadu said:

ahem: 750 K + 750 K + 400 K = 1.9 million, being about 2 million, right?

So he means that about 1.9 million would be the threshold, meaning 2 million wouldn't be a flop (especially when you take error margins into account - between 1.71 and 2.09 with 10% margin).

yeah, right.....

lets try to save that statement. but he didnt say 2 million, he only meant 1.9 million. right. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

i really dont think it will tank , might get a slow start and build up steam...but not tank

also careful with "jap" for Japan, it can be read as a slur

moar funny pictures

With the thirst for good software on PS3, I don't see any chance of these titles bombing. I know many want every title on PS3 to bomb (for some reason) though.
In GT 5P's case, earlier prologue editions have not sold very well at all, so those projections you made for it would be a sensation, especially on such a small userbase!

Around the Network

If they bomb then PS3 has serious problems, but I doubt they will to be honest.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

MGS 4 will sell 5-6 m this year, with only 2-3m from bundles in the US

Of course it can bomb. If the factories where the games are being produced randomly blow up, there is no way for MGS4 and GTA5 to sell well.

Seriously those, I doubt the games will bomb. The sales might not meet people expectaions, depends on high they are set, but the game will sell well.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

i really think that a lot of people will be disappointed with the sales of these gamaes. you guys are expecting too high formgs4!

Noobie said:

So far all the discussion on the Sony forum is regarding how good MGS 4 and GT5 P is going to be... and nobody try to remember the past trend... apart from few partial hits like DMC4 and (i don't remember any other) :), all the games have mostly bombed on PS3

So to cut the long story short.. i would say there is a reasonable chance that MGS4 and GT5 P bombs... <b>So far PS3 has no million seller on day 1</b>. and i m not sure if it will have 1 game like this in this yr atleast.

So there are 2 question wot amount of sales will determine that the MGS4 or GT5 P is a success or a bomb..

i think for GT5 P anything below 500k on week one in each Europe and NA is going to classify it as a bombed

For MGS4 i think anything below750k on week one in each Europe and NA and 400k for Jap is going to classify it as a bombed...

Second question is wot is percentage chances of each of these games to get bombed again on PS3..

I would say there is a reasonable chance like 35% for them to get bombed...

So wot u say.?

At the same time however, the PS3 has yet to put out ANY of it's big hitters.  Usually the big time games are the only ones capable enough of puling a million units on it's first day.  When the Wii and 360 started putting out their big time games they got heavily increased sales in terms of hardware AND software without even gathering a large user base before they did.  When the Wii started putting out a good amount of it's really good games however back in 06 to the beginning-middle of 07', it didn't have as large of a user base as the PS3 does now.  Aside of the people that will buy the PS3 JUST for GT5 and/or MGS4, there are also the new comers that already have a PS3.  That's not to say new comers to both series WON'T buy a PS3 JUST for MGS4 or GT5.  But the larger the user base of a system, the more units of both hardware and software it will sell with it's big hitters is what I'm implying.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*