By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What if MGS4 and GT5 P bombs.?

This thread should be locked its purposely trolls on the PS3.
More chance of Gears of War 2 and Fable 2 bombing out on XBox 360.
BTW: 360 sucks.

Around the Network
I_own_a_PS3 said:
This thread should be locked its purposely trolls on the PS3.
More chance of Gears of War 2 and Fable 2 bombing out on XBox 360.
BTW: 360 sucks.

so now you are allowed to troll and insult? Very nice.

I think it is a fun and interesting question, as these are two of the three games PS3 is hoping for.

But then we will always have FFXIII...

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Regarding GT5P in Japan (which was already released, so we can look at how it did):

GTA4 Prologue Japan PS2: 210k first week, 97k second week, lifetime = 790k
GTA5 Prologue Japan PS3: 109k first week, 31k second week, lifetime so far = 220k (with no signs of having strong legs)

This shows that it's not at all stupid to suggest that MGS4 *may* do worse than previous MGS games in Japan.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

There is no way in hell MGS4 will bomb. Unless people think it will sell like 15 million copies or something.

NJ5, are you saying that anything under 1m in Japan is a bomb?

I think Metal Gear Solid will do a good 6m or so by the end of the year.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

NJ5 is talking about Japan where hardcore game/console seem to not sell very well.
This doesnt mean MGS4 will not sell well in PAL/NA

Time to Work !

Both are unlikely to 'bomb' - although are we talking GT5 or GT5:P here? MGS may struggle to meet the highest expectations - a lot for that game depends on people buying both game and a PS3 I suspect as I don't think current install base is enough for its needs.

GT5 will do very well WW both the Prologue and the full game - assuming it ever releases :)

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Noobie said:

For MGS4 i think anything below750k on week one in each Europe and NA and 400k for Jap is going to classify it as a bombed...

So wot u say.?

So, a game can sell 1.8 million copies in week one and still have bombed globally if it does not make your regional quotas?  Has any metal gear game sold this well in all regions in the first week? 

They will both sell well in all regions.  No matter how well it does sells, there will be people who claim it bombed. 

How can a game bundled with the console bomb? That's impossible. Look at what Motorstorm was able to do. Metal Gear Solid will outsell Wii fit this year and sale on par with GTA.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Now OT: I think chances of both titles "bombing" as in selling less than 1 million WW are almost non-existent. Whether the game will be seen as a success by the publisher depends highly on the expectations.

Looking at sales data, if Gran Turismo (the real thing) sells less than 5 million lifetime, I think it will be considered a bad performance. Metal Gear Solid I guess would need sales larger than 3 million. (Didnt realize Snake Eater sold less than 4 million lifetime...)

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.