By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Uncharted 4 will sell roughly double Gears 4

bananaking21 said:
Azzanation said:

So you’re telling me to use facts yet you didn’t bother researching your own.

5 Uncharted games were released before UC4.

UC1, UC2, UC3, NDC and UGA = 5 UC games. 28 *million* divide 5 = 5.6 which gives you the average selling UC game. As I stated above, Uncharted averages 6m per game. Seems like I’m giving the franchise more credit since I’ve over stated its average. 

If you include UC4’s 4million sales to the 28, that’s 32million total Uncharted sales divide that by 6 games and you get yourself a whopping 5.3m Average. Do I need to go on? Do the maths yourself before attacking me.

*Just to add, I cannot find one Uncharted game that has broken 7m.*

Lol.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

At least try to fact check before throwing random shit out. The first three games sold 21+ million units as of June 2015 and the series as a whole sold over 28 million units before Uncharted 4's release.

Unless numbers and math suddenly changed, that's certainly more than the "6 million" per Uncharted game you're suggesting.

UC1, UC2, UC3, NDC and UGA = 5 UC games. 28 *million* divide 5 = 5.6 which gives you the average selling UC game. As I stated above, Uncharted averages 6m per game. Seems like I’m giving the franchise more credit since I’ve over stated its average. 

If you include UC4’s 4million sales to the 28, that’s 32million total Uncharted sales divide that by 6 games and you get yourself a whopping 5.3m Average. Do I need to go on? Do the maths yourself before attacking me.

Can I know if something wrong with you? Do you need help :/

Sprash said:
Azzanation said:

In all fairness, he forgot Uncharted: fight for fortune, the psvita card game which sold a a couple of thousand at best and brings the average even further.

:p

Azzanation said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

At least try to fact check before throwing random shit out. The first three games sold 21+ million units as of June 2015 and the series as a whole sold over 28 million units before Uncharted 4's release.

Unless numbers and math suddenly changed, that's certainly more than the "6 million" per Uncharted game you're suggesting.

If you bothered to look at the first link you would have seen that the first three games (i.e. Naughty Dog's original three Uncharted games)  solid 21+ million units as of June 2015. That's more than 5 months before The Nathan Drake Collection released.

Now I'll do the math for you: 21+ million divided by 3 games = 7+ million/game. That's also assuming that each game sold equally and there was no growth in the series at all from Uncharted to Uncharted 3.

Also using spinoffs and remasters to predict the sales of a mainline entry is just dumb.

naruball said:
Sprash said:

In all fairness, he forgot Uncharted: fight for fortune, the psvita card game which sold a a couple of thousand at best and brings the average even further.

Wasn't there also hundreds of uncharted games released digital in the psn store? so that makes 205 games, so uncharted sold in average 136585 per game? geez that's bad, how could uncharted 4 sell that much in it's first week? It seems it was way overhyped^^

Around the Network
Sprash said:
naruball said:

Wasn't there also hundreds of uncharted games released digital in the psn store? so that makes 205 games, so uncharted sold in average 136585 per game? geez that's bad, how could uncharted 4 sell that much in it's first week? It seems it was way overhyped^^

Gears 4 will destroy that average in no time!

Azzanation said:
I am starting to really doubt UC4 will outsell Gears 4 let alone Halo 5. Those claiming 10m? Haha okay that was an obvious no before release and with only 3.5m sold currently and possibly 4m *including Digital sales*. It probably won’t do past 6m lifetime which is exactly what UC games sell lifetime.

I see Gears 4 selling a possible 4m to 5m. I would say they both will end with similar numbers. Around 5m each.

I look forward to you being very very wrong. Just wait till after christmas and we'll see.

As for the rest of the thread... no I don't expect Uncharted 4 to double Gears 4. It'll outsell it by over a million at least though, (only counting XBO sales).

Barkley said:
Azzanation said:
I am starting to really doubt UC4 will outsell Gears 4 let alone Halo 5. Those claiming 10m? Haha okay that was an obvious no before release and with only 3.5m sold currently and possibly 4m *including Digital sales*. It probably won’t do past 6m lifetime which is exactly what UC games sell lifetime.

I see Gears 4 selling a possible 4m to 5m. I would say they both will end with similar numbers. Around 5m each.

I look forward to you being very very wrong. Just wait till after christmas and we'll see.

As for the rest of the thread... no I don't expect Uncharted 4 to double Gears 4. It'll outsell it by over a million at least though, (only counting XBO sales).

I could be wrong, sales are a prediction and i predict it will sell roughly the same or maybe alittle bit more.

But it is funny to see those 10m and 11m predictions.  

Azzanation said:
Barkley said:

I could be wrong, sales are a prediction and i predict it will sell roughly the same or maybe alittle bit more.

Lmao at that 7m thing!  

Uncharted 4 will sell better then the first 3. They all sold a lot over the years with good legs.  

Uncharted 4 will be over 6m including digital within 12 months of it's release.  It's going to sell for the entire gen.  8-10m is possible. 

Kerotan said:
Azzanation said:

Lmao at that 7m thing!  

Uncharted 4 will sell better then the first 3. They all sold a lot over the years with good legs.  

Uncharted 4 will be over 6m including digital within 12 months of it's release.  It's going to sell for the entire gen.  8-10m is possible. 

The Uncharted series is inflated with mass bundling. Virtually every release.

Anywho, I'm thinking Gears 4 will do 5 - 6 million. 

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)